Warning! WatchOS4 will not let you control music!!

Mountaineerfan

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey!
So I just noticed after a week on the GM that WatchOS 4 will NOT let you control the music on your phone anymore! I stream my phone to a Bluetooth speaker, and use my watch to change the songs, volume, etc. No more!! The OS wants you to connect the watch to the Bluetooth, and then play music that is on the watch! Madness!:mad:

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey!
So I just noticed after a week on the GM that WatchOS 4 will NOT let you control the music on your phone anymore! I stream my phone to a Bluetooth speaker, and use my watch to change the songs, volume, etc. No more!! The OS wants you to connect the watch to the Bluetooth, and then play music that is on the watch! Madness!:mad:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but right now I’m playing music on my phone and controlling it on my watch.

Mountaineerfan

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Stop the music on your phone. Open the music app on your watch (Not connected to headphones or Apple Music) and try to play music that is on your watch. You cannot start a song or change songs from there. If you have the "Audio Auto-Run" feature set in the watch app, then a "Now Playing" mini-app appears on your watch when you look at the watch. That's only if you started music on your phone first. There is no way to start the now playing app on your watch.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I get in my car and the phone connects to bluetooth, the "now playing" starts on my watch and I can stop/play and skip song all on my watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73