Watch OS 4 GM

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most of you know, I don’t deal with watch betas. It’s takes way too long to do a watch update and you can’t downgrade the OS without shipping your watch back to Apple.

So with that said, since it’s the GM copy is out now I decided to load it. 2.5 hours later, it’s finally done. They is an awful update experience from Apple. For those of you have the patience to load betas, Apple should give you guys a cookie for having the patience for installing updates.

Time to play with it and see what’s new.

That’s crazy! I agree that updating the Watch is NOT a pleasant experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup loaded mine when I went to sleep last night.....

Hopefully this process gets better over time. It should not take that long...

I’ve downloaded the update, but like you, I won’t install it until I go to bed later tonight.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Alright, thanks a lot for your feedback. I was quite skeptical for the update as I don't want to ruin the user experience on my watch. :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
These are my battery findings after several days on GM 4 for series 2 42mm. After 2 days on battery on OS, I’m having about 15-20% left. On the last build of watch OS 3, I could easily get 3 days battery. After 2 days I’d have about 45% left. So much much worse iOS watch OS 4.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
These are my battery findings after several days on GM 4 for series 2 42mm. After 2 days on battery on OS, I’m having about 15-20% left. On the last build of watch OS 3, I could easily get 3 days battery. After 2 days I’d have about 45% left. So much much worse iOS watch OS 4.

You’re joking right?
Without being hostile, I hope you’re realizing watchOS 4 comes with some new features (of which some on the background). It’s only natural that battery life is a little less than on a previous watchOS version.

Question: Did you disable automatic playlist syncing in the Music settings?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You’re joking right?
Without being hostile, I hope you’re realizing watchOS 4 comes with some new features (of which some on the background). It’s only natural that battery life is a little less than on a previous watchOS version.

Question: Did you disable automatic playlist syncing in the Music settings?

I can’t stop laughing at your response. I’m not joking. But your joking right that a new OS should take about a 25% battery hit? That is the worst battery hit excuse I’ve ever heard. So should I expect another 25% hit next year? And for playlist syncing? It only syncs while on the charger.
78e7ac98ad1a330ab35707be2f27ca22.png

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can’t stop laughing at your response. I’m not joking. But your joking right that a new OS should take about a 25% battery hit? That is the worst battery hit excuse I’ve ever heard. So should I expect another 25% hit next year? And for playlist syncing? It only syncs while on the charger. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170917/78e7ac98ad1a330ab35707be2f27ca22.png

My guess is, with it being a new version, and out only a few days, you might be using it a little more than normal. Playing around with features, trying the new things. After the newness wears off and you don’t play with it as much, you battery may return to similar stats and usage.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My guess is, with it being a new version, and out only a few days, you might be using it a little more than normal. Playing around with features, trying the new things. After the newness wears off and you don’t play with it as much, you battery may return to similar stats and usage.

Your guess is wrong. I use my watch for 2 things. To receive notifications and for health tracking. I don’t play around with features. I couldn’t even tell what is different on this OS. iOS 4 doesn’t change anything for me. But honestly, that’s all I use it for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro