Is it true that WatchOS 4 improves performance?
    09-16-2017 05:33 PM
    Most of you know, I don’t deal with watch betas. It’s takes way too long to do a watch update and you can’t downgrade the OS without shipping your watch back to Apple.

So with that said, since it’s the GM copy is out now I decided to load it. 2.5 hours later, it’s finally done. They is an awful update experience from Apple. For those of you have the patience to load betas, Apple should give you guys a cookie for having the patience for installing updates.

Time to play with it and see what’s new.
    That’s crazy! I agree that updating the Watch is NOT a pleasant experience.
    09-16-2017 06:27 PM
    Yup loaded mine when I went to sleep last night.....

Hopefully this process gets better over time. It should not take that long...
    I’ve downloaded the update, but like you, I won’t install it until I go to bed later tonight.
    09-16-2017 06:29 PM
    Is it true that WatchOS 4 improves performance?
    It’s true for me.
    But I may be experiencing that different.
    Hopefully others will chime in so you’ll get a better overall picture.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-16-2017 06:38 PM
    It’s true for me.
    I remembered that my Series 0 was running WatchOS 3 pretty okay.
    09-16-2017 07:59 PM
    It’s true for me.
    It’s true for me...
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-16-2017 08:42 PM
    I’m already looking forward to the next WatchOS.
    09-16-2017 10:48 PM
    Alright, thanks a lot for your feedback. I was quite skeptical for the update as I don't want to ruin the user experience on my watch.
    09-16-2017 11:19 PM
    Alright, thanks a lot for your feedback. I was quite skeptical for the update as I don't want to ruin the user experience on my watch.
    Which Series are you on?
    09-17-2017 01:53 AM
    I'm on Series 0
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-17-2017 02:44 AM
    These are my battery findings after several days on GM 4 for series 2 42mm. After 2 days on battery on OS, I’m having about 15-20% left. On the last build of watch OS 3, I could easily get 3 days battery. After 2 days I’d have about 45% left. So much much worse iOS watch OS 4.
    09-17-2017 09:45 AM
    These are my battery findings after several days on GM 4 for series 2 42mm. After 2 days on battery on OS, I’m having about 15-20% left. On the last build of watch OS 3, I could easily get 3 days battery. After 2 days I’d have about 45% left. So much much worse iOS watch OS 4.
    You’re joking right?
    Without being hostile, I hope you’re realizing watchOS 4 comes with some new features (of which some on the background). It’s only natural that battery life is a little less than on a previous watchOS version.

Question: Did you disable automatic playlist syncing in the Music settings?
    09-17-2017 10:40 AM
    You’re joking right?
    Without being hostile, I hope you’re realizing watchOS 4 comes with some new features (of which some on the background). It’s only natural that battery life is a little less than on a previous watchOS version.

Question: Did you disable automatic playlist syncing in the Music settings?
    I can’t stop laughing at your response. I’m not joking. But your joking right that a new OS should take about a 25% battery hit? That is the worst battery hit excuse I’ve ever heard. So should I expect another 25% hit next year? And for playlist syncing? It only syncs while on the charger.
    09-17-2017 10:58 AM
    I can’t stop laughing at your response. I’m not joking. But your joking right that a new OS should take about a 25% battery hit? That is the worst battery hit excuse I’ve ever heard. So should I expect another 25% hit next year? And for playlist syncing? It only syncs while on the charger. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be2f27ca22.png
    My guess is, with it being a new version, and out only a few days, you might be using it a little more than normal. Playing around with features, trying the new things. After the newness wears off and you don’t play with it as much, you battery may return to similar stats and usage.
    09-17-2017 11:01 AM
    My guess is, with it being a new version, and out only a few days, you might be using it a little more than normal. Playing around with features, trying the new things. After the newness wears off and you don’t play with it as much, you battery may return to similar stats and usage.
    Your guess is wrong. I use my watch for 2 things. To receive notifications and for health tracking. I don’t play around with features. I couldn’t even tell what is different on this OS. iOS 4 doesn’t change anything for me. But honestly, that’s all I use it for.
    chefjayhawk likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:11 AM
    I can’t stop laughing at your response. I’m not joking. But your joking right that a new OS should take about a 25% battery hit? That is the worst battery hit excuse I’ve ever heard. So should I expect another 25% hit next year? And for playlist syncing? It only syncs while on the charger. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be2f27ca22.png
    Thanks for clarifying that up about playlist syncing. Guess I didn’t pay too much attention.
    Me as first gen 38mm user can only dream about even your worst battery life experience.
    That’s why I asked if you were joking.

That’s why I even stated that I wasn’t trying to be hostile.

You’re right of course that a 25% decrease in battery life is not right, but then again, it’s not something I myself would worry about.
    09-17-2017 11:52 AM
    Can someone pls comment on the performance of watchOS 4 on Series 0? Yes, I still have Series 0 ������
    I still have a Series 0 and it’s still running strong. I hope too that watch OS doesn’t lag my watch.
    09-17-2017 11:31 PM
42 12