WatchOS 4 Dev Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: WatchOS Dev Beta 4

Battery life feels good so far, notifications are coming through strong and timely, unlike the last three betas...

Agree with that.

Q: Is there a way to customize the Siri watch face? Not complications, but the content. Mine shows the Sunset time all day, and I can’t get rid of it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Agree with that.

Q: Is there a way to customize the Siri watch face? Not complications, but the content. Mine shows the Sunset time all day, and I can’t get rid of it.

You can remove Data Sources but that’s it really. It’s in the Watch app. Select the Siri watch face under My Faces and you can toggle things on or off.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, the Siri watchface isn’t as smart as I’d like it to be. It should take data from how you set up other watchfaces.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Is there still a problem with not getting the red dot at the top when an email comes in? I’ve reset my alert settings in the Watch app, even reset the watch itself and restored backup from phone. Haven’t tried a reset without restore yet.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Is there still a problem with not getting the red dot at the top when an email comes in? I’ve reset my alert settings in the Watch app, even reset the watch itself and restored backup from phone. Haven’t tried a reset without restore yet.

Get mine all the time. Just sound doesn’t always come through.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Hmm. Maybe I should do a reset and start from scratch. I don’t get the sound, either.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I did a full reset and chose to start fresh with the Watch OS. I get notifications for my one POP email account (Earthlink) including the red dot. I do not get either notifications or the red dot on the watch for Gmail unless I install the Gmail app itself, which I would prefer not to use. In iOS 10 and WatchOS 3 I did get notifications and the red dot. No, I’m not going back. :)

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I have over 26hrs on one charge and still going. Granted I’ve had very little notifications.

I get great battery life too. I pulled off my charger at 7:00 am, and I’m at 91% 9 hrs later. I keep the sound notifications off, but everything else on. I’ve not had any issues with this beta.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I did a full reset and chose to start fresh with the Watch OS. I get notifications for my one POP email account (Earthlink) including the red dot. I do not get either notifications or the red dot on the watch for Gmail unless I install the Gmail app itself, which I would prefer not to use. In iOS 10 and WatchOS 3 I did get notifications and the red dot. No, I’m not going back. :)

I still can't get Gmail notifications, with or without a red dot, for new Gmail emails coming through the iPhone mail app. I can get notifications if I install the Gmail app itself.

Is anyone with the latest Watch OS and iOS 11 betas getting Gmail notifications (from the iPhone Mail app) with a red dot, but without the Gmail app installed? If so, I wonder what I can do to get this working again. I can't report this through feedback since I don't have a paid Apple Developer beta account for the watch.

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

Dev Beta 5 is available...though I haven’t been able to install yet. Getting the dreaded ‘Can’t connect to Apple Watch’ message

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Dev Beta 5 is available...though I haven’t been able to install yet. Getting the dreaded ‘Can’t connect to Apple Watch’ message

I keep getting this also. I’m also at work on their crappy Wifi so I’ll just wait until I get home to try again

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

This time around I chose to install the watch update first and then the phone. It worked like a charm in just one try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods