WatchOS 4 Dev Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefkeyser

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: WatchOS Dev Beta 4 is Now Available

What will the process be of switching over to gold from the developer beta when it’s publicly released?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

It took me 5 restores and a change of location (physically, I went to work) and 5 hours to restore (I have low signal at work).

But I’m finally running beta 4, finally.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

No luck getting it to install or even find watch to install. Tried for 4+ hours last evening..... Puts Apple watch in drawer..........

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

No luck getting it to install or even find watch to install. Tried for 4+ hours last evening..... Puts Apple watch in drawer..........

It’s a pain, I don’t know what happened with iOS 11 and watchOS 4, but it can be done. I’m pretty sure it’s more watchOS 4 than iOS 11. Luckily it went smoothly for me. I’m hoping it’s all good with beta 4 now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That’s crazy. It took me a few tries, but I got it to take. It was probably less than an hour, but still too long for what I think it should have taken. Having said that, once installed, the 
Watch is performing excellently for me...:)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Try another wifi, restore your watch as new and immediately install the profile, restart both Watch and iPhone and try again.

It took me 5 restores and my work wifi to get the update done.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Reading this stuff makes me glad I didn’t load the watch betas. I read the threads every release for the watch to see if things are ironed out and they are not. So I pass again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Reading this stuff makes me glad I didn’t load the watch betas. I read the threads every release for the watch to see if things are ironed out and they are not. So I pass again.

Once installed, it’s not a problem, but man, upgrading watchOS has become a pain. Initially, the process went smoothly with the exception of being time consuming. Now, however, it takes several attempts just to get the process initiated.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Once installed, it’s not a problem, but man, upgrading watchOS has become a pain. Initially, the process went smoothly with the exception of being time consuming. Now, however, it takes several attempts just to get the process initiated.

Yeah that I don’t have the patience for. I don’t mind waiting until the install issues are ironed out.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Ya I have to keep slapping my self. Keep Watch in drawer for a while.... And staying on 10.3.3 as it's solid as a rock. Not seeing Frame drops nor any other issues.

I have to just be honest with myself and quit jumping on Beta's. I actually might stay on 10.3.3 until the new iPhone is released. But then I have no choice.....

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Ya I have to keep slapping my self. Keep Watch in drawer for a while.... And staying on 10.3.3 as it's solid as a rock. Not seeing Frame drops nor any other issues.

I have to just be honest with myself and quit jumping on Beta's. I actually might stay on 10.3.3 until the new iPhone is released. But then I have no choice.....

Yeah phone you can easily downgrade. So it’s no big deal to jump on the betas. But the watch is a different story. Can only downgrade by sending it to Apple. That, I have no interest in. I’ll likely stay on official watch release until it goes to GM. Just don’t need that headache.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: WatchOS Dev Beta 4

Battery life feels good so far, notifications are coming through strong and timely, unlike the last three betas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox