WatchOS 4 Dev Beta 3 is Now Available.-img_0121.jpg

Thanks to Combi06 for bringing it to our attention.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-13-2017 05:29 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0121.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	579.8 KB 
ID:	118952

Thanks to Combi06 for bringing it to our attention.
    Glad to contribute!

EDIT: Just like others have mentioned in the comments sections the update is still not showing up for me. My Watch app says WatchOS 4 is up to date

Just_Me_D and thedonp like this.
    07-13-2017 05:38 PM
    Glad to contribute!

EDIT: Just like others have mentioned in the comments sections the update is still not showing up for me. My Watch app says WatchOS 4 is up to date

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a59df1923b.jpg
    I was seeing that initially, but then when I disabled my VPN connection, I was able to see the update.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-13-2017 07:10 PM
    I was seeing that initially, but then when I disabled my VPN connection, I was able to see the update.
    Stupid VPN lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-13-2017 07:29 PM
    It’s preparing now. Hopefully battery life is improved. That’s my biggest complaint with beta 2.
    07-13-2017 10:10 PM
    Installed. Messages notifications seem to be slow coming through.
    07-13-2017 11:07 PM
    I am restoring my Watch now. Even after deleting and reinstalling the profile I had no luck with the update. Hopefully a full reset will fix it.

Update:
    Hopefully at work it will see the update immediately again when I’m on wifi.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 07-14-2017 at 01:12 AM.
    07-14-2017 12:21 AM
    Installed update but now my watch is off by 1hr and 5 minutes really odd.
    07-14-2017 03:39 AM
    Installed update but now my watch is off by 1hr and 5 minutes really odd.
    Odd indeed. Have you adjusted the time?
    07-14-2017 07:05 AM
    Took me a few tries and restarts but I got it finally to update.
    Battery life seems better, for now.
    Just_Me_D and thedonp like this.
    07-14-2017 07:35 AM
    After I updated, I also found that the time was off. It appeared to me that the time had been frozen at the time that the actual update completed. I had to restart my watch twice until the time was synced correctly with the phone. It appears to me that the visuals in the dock have been slightly tweaked since the update. It also appears to be slicker in terms of transitions, but this might just be me!! I will post any further changes I notice.
    07-14-2017 08:12 AM
    It’s only day one and I had to restart my watch to finish install, but battery life seems a little worse than beta 2 for me right now. After I restarted to finish install I was already at 88%, now 2 1/2 hours later I’m at 65%. I’m not sure if it’ll make the day so I’m going to charge it while at lunch.
    07-14-2017 11:58 AM
    It’s only day one and I had to restart my watch to finish install, but battery life seems a little worse than beta 2 for me right now. After I restarted to finish install I was already at 88%, now 2 1/2 hours later I’m at 65%. I’m not sure if it’ll make the day so I’m going to charge it while at lunch.
    Same with the restart. Battery life is significantly better than beta 2 for me.
    07-14-2017 12:08 PM
    Update will not show up for me. Any advice?
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:08 AM
    Update will not show up for me. Any advice?
    After deleting the profiles from both my iPhone and Watch i did a restart, reinstalled the profiles and did another restart, I restored my Watch as new and looked for the update.
    After pressing download and install I waited for the process to be done, all while the Watch was on the charger.
    At the end of the process I noticed it kept hanging so I pressed the crown and home button at the same time, restarting my Watch and a little later it was up and running.
    I installed the apps back, edited the watch faces as I had before and am a happy man now.

Be aware that this update is gonna take at least 2 hours of your time
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:18 AM
    After deleting the profiles from both my iPhone and Watch i did a restart, reinstalled the profiles and did another restart, I restored my Watch as new and looked for the update.
    After pressing download and install I waited for the process to be done, all while the Watch was on the charger.
    At the end of the process I noticed it kept hanging so I pressed the crown and home button at the same time, restarting my Watch and a little later it was up and running.
    I installed the apps back, edited the watch faces as I had before and am a happy man now.

Be aware that this update is gonna take at least 2 hours of your time
    Wow. Ok, I’ll give that a try
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:55 AM
    Took forever and had to restart twice. Working great now.
    07-15-2017 01:38 PM
    Observation:

I was able to update to WatchOS 4, Beta 3, but in the Watch app on my iPhone 7, under Software update, it did not say up to date, but rather "Installing..." the Beta 3 version. I rebooted the iPhone--no change. I restarted the watch--no change. The About screen gave the version 15R5321h.

Turns out that even though in iPhone Settings, Bluetooth it said it was connected, it wasn't. I pressed the circle "i", and when I went back, it said "not connected." I then re-paired the watch, and now it says "Up to date" on the Watch app, and the watch is working very well. Whew! I was nervous about the whole update, which took 2 hours and a couple of retries to install. I thought the watch was going to be bricked, with no way to recover.

What a great improvement over WatchOS 3!
    07-15-2017 01:46 PM
    Feedback threads like this are great. I thought about loading it but after reading this, I'll pass. My watch OS 3.2.2 has no issues. Watch beta is the only one I ever hesitate to install since it's not downgradable. Well it is but you have to ship it to Apple. I'll wait until beta 4 and read all of your feedback first.
    Tartarus and dchandler like this.
    07-15-2017 01:46 PM
    Feedback threads like this are great. I thought about loading it but after reading this, I'll pass. My watch OS 3.2.2 has no issues. Watch beta is the only one I ever hesitate to install since it's not downgradable. Well it is but you have to ship it to Apple. I'll wait until beta 4 and read all of your feedback first.
    So far beta 3 is performing way better than the 2 previous betas.

If you were to update to it, you wouldn’t regret it.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 02:42 PM
    So far beta 3 is performing way better than the 2 previous betas.

If you were to update to it, you wouldn’t regret it.
    Seems like many say this beta takes so long to update to. At least 2 hours. And then it gets stuck. I don’t have the patience for all that. I’ll wait until there are no flaws trying to get it installed. I only use my watch for notifications and health tracking so nothing I see on this update is a must for me to jump into.
    07-15-2017 08:52 PM
    Seems like many say this beta takes so long to update to. At least 2 hours. And then it gets stuck. I don’t have the patience for all that. I’ll wait until there are no flaws trying to get it installed. I only use my watch for notifications and health tracking so nothing I see on this update is a must for me to jump into.
    True, but those people, me included, were updating from beta 2 to 3. For all I know the reason for the issues was beta 2. Only one way to find out for you is to update to 3. Or not, I respect that.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 08:54 PM
    The latest iOS 11 Dev betas are working great on my iPhone and iPad, but the latest dev beta of WatchOS 4 drains my watch battery BIG TIME! I’m going to erase all contents and settings prior to going to bed tonight and then see how the battery performs tomorrow....
    07-15-2017 09:07 PM
    The latest iOS 11 Dev betas are working great on my iPhone and iPad, but the latest dev beta of WatchOS 4 drains my watch battery BIG TIME! I’m going to erase all contents and settings prior to going to bed tonight and then see how the battery performs tomorrow....
    That’s odd. Beta 2 drained my battery in under 3 hours every time and the charging took forever.
    With beta 3 it’s up to par with the latest official release of watchOS 2.
    A restore should fix your issue, yes.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:09 PM
    True, but those people, me included, were updating from beta 2 to 3. For all I know the reason for the issues was beta 2. Only one way to find out for you is to update to 3. Or not, I respect that.
    I’ve been on the beta train every year since iOS 3 beta for iPhone. I’ve had every flagship iPhone since iPhone 3G. But reason why I get hesitant on watch was last year, I had battery issue. It wouldn’t charge at all. And because it was on beta, Apple blamed the beta and said they couldn’t help. I got stuck since I could not downgrade and had a useless watch for a bit. Luckily official release was only a few weeks away and then I was able to get off beta and then get my watch replaced. I don’t want to be stuck in that predicament again.
    thedonp and Tartarus like this.
    07-15-2017 09:53 PM
48 12