WatchOS 4 Dev Beta 3 is Now Available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 118952

Thanks to Combi06 for bringing it to our attention.

Glad to contribute!

EDIT: Just like others have mentioned in the comments sections the update is still not showing up for me. My Watch app says WatchOS 4 is up to date

3ce0e3c086de54e3ef5663a59df1923b.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am restoring my Watch now. Even after deleting and reinstalling the profile I had no luck with the update. Hopefully a full reset will fix it.

Update:
e2138d416654ca1e68f134a502edc6b2.png

Hopefully at work it will see the update immediately again when I’m on wifi.

Last edited:

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
After I updated, I also found that the time was off. It appeared to me that the time had been frozen at the time that the actual update completed. I had to restart my watch twice until the time was synced correctly with the phone. It appears to me that the visuals in the dock have been slightly tweaked since the update. It also appears to be slicker in terms of transitions, but this might just be me!! I will post any further changes I notice.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s only day one and I had to restart my watch to finish install, but battery life seems a little worse than beta 2 for me right now. After I restarted to finish install I was already at 88%, now 2 1/2 hours later I’m at 65%. I’m not sure if it’ll make the day so I’m going to charge it while at lunch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s only day one and I had to restart my watch to finish install, but battery life seems a little worse than beta 2 for me right now. After I restarted to finish install I was already at 88%, now 2 1/2 hours later I’m at 65%. I’m not sure if it’ll make the day so I’m going to charge it while at lunch.

Same with the restart. Battery life is significantly better than beta 2 for me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Update will not show up for me. Any advice?

After deleting the profiles from both my iPhone and Watch i did a restart, reinstalled the profiles and did another restart, I restored my Watch as new and looked for the update.
After pressing download and install I waited for the process to be done, all while the Watch was on the charger.
At the end of the process I noticed it kept hanging so I pressed the crown and home button at the same time, restarting my Watch and a little later it was up and running.
I installed the apps back, edited the watch faces as I had before and am a happy man now.

Be aware that this update is gonna take at least 2 hours of your time

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
After deleting the profiles from both my iPhone and Watch i did a restart, reinstalled the profiles and did another restart, I restored my Watch as new and looked for the update.
After pressing download and install I waited for the process to be done, all while the Watch was on the charger.
At the end of the process I noticed it kept hanging so I pressed the crown and home button at the same time, restarting my Watch and a little later it was up and running.
I installed the apps back, edited the watch faces as I had before and am a happy man now.

Be aware that this update is gonna take at least 2 hours of your time

Wow. Ok, I’ll give that a try

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Observation:

I was able to update to WatchOS 4, Beta 3, but in the Watch app on my iPhone 7, under Software update, it did not say up to date, but rather "Installing..." the Beta 3 version. I rebooted the iPhone--no change. I restarted the watch--no change. The About screen gave the version 15R5321h.

Turns out that even though in iPhone Settings, Bluetooth it said it was connected, it wasn't. I pressed the circle "i", and when I went back, it said "not connected." I then re-paired the watch, and now it says "Up to date" on the Watch app, and the watch is working very well. Whew! I was nervous about the whole update, which took 2 hours and a couple of retries to install. I thought the watch was going to be bricked, with no way to recover.

What a great improvement over WatchOS 3!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Feedback threads like this are great. I thought about loading it but after reading this, I'll pass. My watch OS 3.2.2 has no issues. Watch beta is the only one I ever hesitate to install since it's not downgradable. Well it is but you have to ship it to Apple. I'll wait until beta 4 and read all of your feedback first.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Feedback threads like this are great. I thought about loading it but after reading this, I'll pass. My watch OS 3.2.2 has no issues. Watch beta is the only one I ever hesitate to install since it's not downgradable. Well it is but you have to ship it to Apple. I'll wait until beta 4 and read all of your feedback first.

So far beta 3 is performing way better than the 2 previous betas.

If you were to update to it, you wouldn’t regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.