I’ve been on the beta train every year since iOS 3 beta for iPhone. I’ve had every flagship iPhone since iPhone 3G. But reason why I get hesitant on watch was last year, I had battery issue. It wouldn’t charge at all. And because it was on beta, Apple blamed the beta and said they couldn’t help. I got stuck since I could not downgrade and had a useless watch for a bit. Luckily official release was only a few weeks away and then I was able to get off beta and then get my watch replaced. I don’t want to be stuck in that predicament again.
    Great point
    thedonp likes this.
    07-15-2017 10:43 PM
    True, but those people, me included, were updating from beta 2 to 3. For all I know the reason for the issues was beta 2. Only one way to find out for you is to update to 3. Or not, I respect that.
    I upgraded directly from Watch OS 3.2 to 4 Beta 3. It took about 2 hours from start of download through install. At a couple points it seemed to stop completely and I thought it wasn’t going to work, but it did, and seamlessly. No problems so far except for battery life, which seems less than on 3.2, but I’ll see how it goes on Day 2. (If I wipe it with the beta 3 installed, can I be sure there will be a backup on the iPhone to use to restore it? Or does a restore defeat the purpose?)

Not a whole lot of difference for me, the way I use my watch, but I like the new Siri watch face and features. The watch itself responds to Hey Siri with the phone out of voice reach. Is that new, or was it also there in 3.2?
    07-16-2017 12:17 AM
    I upgraded directly from Watch OS 3.2 to 4 Beta 3. It took about 2 hours from start of download through install. At a couple points it seemed to stop completely and I thought it wasn’t going to work, but it did, and seamlessly. No problems so far except for battery life, which seems less than on 3.2, but I’ll see how it goes on Day 2. (If I wipe it with the beta 3 installed, can I be sure there will be a backup on the iPhone to use to restore it? Or does a restore defeat the purpose?)

Not a whole lot of difference for me, the way I use my watch, but I like the new Siri watch face and features. The watch itself responds to Hey Siri with the phone out of voice reach. Is that new, or was it also there in 3.2?
    The backup is there, on the iPhone but deliberately chose not to restore from a backup.

I’m not sure about Siri. I don’t use it that much on the Watch.
    07-16-2017 02:27 AM
    I sent in a bug report to Apple, but I was scammed out of my goals. It literally didn’t count my stand goal during the hour I was completely the Challenge badge nor another hour later on so my stand goal was incomplete. It’s a little annoying.
    robertk328 likes this.
    07-16-2017 03:36 AM
    Mine wouldn't find it by checking in the app. Had to wait a bit before the red (1) showed up on the badge. Updated no problem, but it hung up with the reboot and I had to reboot manually.

Battery seems better so far, but time will tell!
    07-16-2017 07:05 AM
    I’ll take my Watch off of the charger after I get cleaned up and see how it goes. I erased all contents and settings last night so hopefully my battery issue will improve today. I’ve never had to charge my Watch or be alerted that it’s needs to go into power saving mode until this recent watchOS beta, but I’m also confident that the reset will fix the problem. We know soon enough, huh?
    Tartarus and thedonp like this.
    07-16-2017 08:59 AM
    I don’t see where the 2 hours for the beta 3 update download and install comes from took 20 minutes for me to download and once I put my watch on the charger it took 30 minutes to do the update only had one issue when first started saying it couldn’t verify the update then just went thru
    07-16-2017 10:32 AM
    I don’t see where the 2 hours for the beta 3 update download and install comes from took 20 minutes for me to download and once I put my watch on the charger it took 30 minutes to do the update only had one issue when first started saying it couldn’t verify the update then just went thru
    Every beta and every watch is different. This is the first time for me I had issues updating. For one it goes smoothly, for another with issues and the next time the roles are the other way around.
    07-16-2017 10:35 AM
    Newer version watches seem to handle these tasks better than the first gen many of us have.
    07-16-2017 11:42 AM
    Newer version watches seem to handle these tasks better than the first gen many of us have.
    I have both gens and both loaded pretty quickly so not sure only had the issue saying it couldn’t verify the update first then went thru the second time so maybe I just got lucky lol but so far running smoothly
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-16-2017 11:44 AM
    Update: As expected, erasing all contents and settings, and then starting over cures the battery drain for me. My Watch appears to be back to having long battery life.....
    Tartarus and thedonp like this.
    07-16-2017 01:05 PM
    Update: As expected, erasing all contents and settings, and then starting over cures the battery drain for me. My Watch appears to be back to having long battery life.....
    Too bad restoring causes this in the Health app:

It certainly is not good for my OCD
    Just_Me_D and RECON1 like this.
    07-16-2017 01:07 PM
    Too bad restoring causes this in the Health app:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c733ceafb7.png

It certainly is not good for my OCD
    Yeah, I hate that! Is there any damage done from deleting them?
    thedonp likes this.
    07-16-2017 01:36 PM
    You lose all your health data. I would try unpairing first, I lost everything.
    07-16-2017 01:43 PM
    You lose all your health data. I would try unpairing first, I lost everything.
    I've had several apple watches so I wasn't sure if it'd delete the data for that watch or not. Thanks for letting me know before I decided to test it out myself.
    07-16-2017 01:49 PM
    Two new issues. One, the red indicator dot is not showing up with mail and other notifications. Two, the icons for a number of apps are greyed out despite the apps being installed on the watch. I have restarted the watch but have not wiped it.
    Last edited by KenV54; 07-16-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    07-16-2017 03:14 PM
    By deleting them you are deleting all entries made with that device.
    07-16-2017 05:38 PM
    Two new issues. One, the red indicator dot is not showing up with mail and other notifications. Two, the icons for a number of apps are greyed out despite the apps being installed on the watch. I have restarted the watch but have not wiped it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...138dd5f4c1.png
    It’s been like that since at least beta 2.
    It will be solved in one of the next betas.
    KenV54 likes this.
    07-16-2017 05:40 PM
    By deleting them you are deleting all entries made with that device.
    Thanks, I'll hold off on deleting them.
    07-16-2017 06:20 PM
    It’s been like that since at least beta 2.
    It will be solved in one of the next betas.
    Thanks. Good to know, and I'll stop trying to troubleshoot it.

I did reset the watch and then restore (I didn't want to take the time to set it up from scratch), and it's working well, other than those minor glitches.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-16-2017 06:22 PM
    I was finally able to update to Dev Beta 3 after 5 days of trying. The only thing that worked for me was to re-install the Beta profile. The process took about 2hrs from start to finish as well. Battery is slightly better for me but that’s not saying much. I travel a lot for work and have noticed that actually having the watch in Airplane mode drains the battery even faster (it used to happen with Beta 2 as well. Will try to pair it again tomorrow and see if that improves it
    thedonp likes this.
    07-16-2017 11:11 PM
    I tried deleting them but they do not go away
    07-20-2017 12:18 PM
    I installed Dev Beta 3 with much hassle as Beta 2 would give me constant "cannot connect to Watch" errors. After trying for two days, I woke up the following morning and it's installed.

I was one of the folks with a 2-3 hour battery life on Beta 2 and I am ecstatic to report that I am back to 14-18 hours on my Gen 1 Watch. Other than the icons missing (as stated above) and the many copies of the same Watch in the Health app (some pre-dating the watchOS 4 Betas), I have no problems to report thus far. My Watch is still sluggish from time to time, and perhaps a little moreso with watchOS 4 than previous, but I kind of expect that considering I bought my Watch a week before watchOS 2 was released.
    Just_Me_D and thedonp like this.
    07-20-2017 12:39 PM
    Yesterday 06:28 AM
49 12