Apple Watch iOS message settings

Mannie Ku1

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
The only way I can send a text message to non - iPhone users from my Apple Watch is by switching the " send and receive " setting to only my phone number. When any of the emails are checked , I get a " message not delivered " error when I send via the Apple Watch. Is it just me , or has anyone experienced this and had to tweak these settings ? Or is your email checked and you can still send via your Apple Watch with no issues? Let me know. The Apple workers couldn't figure it out and wanted me to send my Watch in for a diagnostic. I said no and figured it out without doing that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can send a text message to non - iPhone users from my Apple Watch is by switching the " send and receive " setting to only my phone number.
That is correct. "iMessages" are proprietary to Apple and its products only and can be sent via phone number and Apple ID to other Apple products. "SMS" messages require the phone number, and being that the non-iPhone users can't send or receive "iMessages", you are limited to sending SMS/MMS messages via the phone number only.
When any of the emails are checked , I get a " message not delivered " error when I send via the Apple Watch. Is it just me , or has anyone experienced this and had to tweak these settings ? Or is your email checked and you can still send via your Apple Watch with no issues? Let me know. The Apple workers couldn't figure it out and wanted me to send my Watch in for a diagnostic. I said no and figured it out without doing that.
Checked how? I mean, I'm able to send and receive email via my Watch without a problem. Is the Watch and your iPhone connected to the internet?

Mannie Ku1

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Okay. Under the " send and receive setting " , there are your number and your Apple ID email listed right ? If they email is checked , I can't send any messages to non-iPhone users via my watch. The only thing that has to be checked ( with that check mark) is my phone number.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW