How to Export/Organize/Import Photos for Beginners

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This question is often asked by beginners so thought I would share this simple step by step to export, organize and import photos to and from your computer and/or device for beginners. We we're all beginners once!

EXPORT PHOTOS TO YOUR DEVICE:

1. Plug your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch into your computer using your USB cord..
  2. Open iTunes
  3. Highlight your devices name in the left hand panel, in my case it's simply named "Julies iPhone"..
  4. Click on the "Photos" tab at the top..
  5. Check the box "Sync Photos from" and choose where you would like your photos to import from on your computer..
    • You may choose to Sync "All Photos, Albums and Events" (this screenshot is from a Mac, PC may show slight different choices) or choose "Selected Albums and Events" by clicking the appropriate radio button..

iTunesPhotos.png

6. If you select to only import selected albums as I do, simply choose the "Albums" you would like to import by clicking the checkbox next to each album..
  7. Click "Apply" then "Sync" and your done..

CREATE ALBUMS AND ORGANIZE PHOTOS ON YOUR COMPUTER:

I like to keep my photos organized on my device so I create Albums within iPhoto or if your using a PC you create Albums within your My Pictures.

If you choose to organize your photos with Albums you can create as many Albums as you choose. You may need to create different Albums for different devices, for example you would need a separate Album for iPhone/iPod Touch Wallpapers and iPad Wallpapers.

iPhotoScreenshot.png

Here are my Albums shown on my iPhone:

iPhoneAlbums.jpg

Here are my Albums shown on my iPad:

iPadAlbums.jpg

IMPORT PHOTOS FROM YOUR CAMERA ROLL ONTO YOUR COMPUTER:

• Plug your iPhone/iPad into your computer using your USB cord..
  • Open iTunes
  • Highlight your devices name in the left hand panel, in my case it's simply named "Julies iPhone"..
  • Choose to "Import Selected Photos" or "Import All", the selected photos will be imported and saved in your iPhoto, My Pictures or Photo Program of your choice..
  • If you choose to organize your photos with Albums on your device, simple drag and drop photos into your Albums and Sync your device..

iPhotoAlbums.png

Hope this helps, goodluck!

Last edited:

xalittlegirlx

Mar 21, 2011
www.twitter.com
one thing I would like to know is why I could not put files of pictures within files and have them sync to my phone organized in that fashion.

example, I have year files on my computer, 2011, 2010, 2009 etc. then within those folders are other folders from different events or times in the year. ( like holidays, outings, pics from certain month)

I have a windows computer and so I have them organized that way under Pictures in windows explorer. iTunes recognized the different year folders but then on my iphone all the other folders just show up grouped together all in one LONNNGGGG page of pictures...

anyone have suggestions for optimizing this? (I have a jailbroken iphone 4 -greenpoison'd running 4.2.1 , with about 6,000 photos on it)

PS (yes the photos are backed up on not only my computer but also an external HD)

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods