I've been using total video converter for all my video converting but was wondering if there is a better one out there. What are you guys using? I'm particularly looking for software to convert from .avi to .mp4.

Give me some suggestions. Freeware would be nice
    07-27-2010 12:47 AM
    I've been pretty happy with this one:

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

The free version does everything I need it to do.

eta: Wow, that's a really ugly link.
    07-27-2010 12:52 AM
    07-27-2010 01:14 AM
    hmm, I don't think there are the best one, but the suitable one, which are suitable for your need, then you'll like it.
    Usually I like use handbrake and Videora, both are totally free and do good jobs, you just wanna convert avi to mp4, I think the two can meet your need.
    Well, if get special use or more effect like watermark or merge, then should turn to some other tools, maybe shareware. Recently I ran into a video tool named iFunia that do the update for iPhone 4, it's an all-in-one video conversion, can do nearly any conversion between videos, I think the upgrading is a good option for needing: iFunia Video Converter adds iPhone 4 options | MacTech
    07-28-2010 11:00 PM
    There are a few other large threads about this already so I will close this one.
    07-29-2010 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD