I am new since November with my iPhone 3GS and have a problem I can't find an answer to in the forum.
    I downloaded a ringtone directly from iTunes to my phone. When I sync-ed my phone last night I had a message that it wasn't authorized on my computer so it wouldn't be saved there. Now it is missing from my phone.
    1. How do I get it back without having to pay for it again?
    2. How do I get it to sync to my computer?

Thanks for the help
    Laurie Foss
    Austin, TX
    12-28-2009 02:55 PM
    I had this same exact problem, except I had bought a movie from iTunes, and then when I synced to my iTunes on my computer, it said it was not authorized on my computer, and it deleted my movie from my iphone. I was pissed, so I called Apple customer service, and they reinstated the purchase, but first asked me to log into iTunes again and authorize the computer. That way, whatever future purchases you make, the computer will be allowed to keep the content you purchased and then you can sync it to your iPhone.

To authorize your computer, just go into iTunes and then in the STORE menu, choose AUTHORIZE COMPUTER. Enter your account info, and transfer your purchases. You only need to do this once, and in the future, when you buy more stuff from iTunes, you can sync to your iPhone without issues.
    12-28-2009 05:26 PM
    I had this same exact problem, except I had bought a movie from iTunes, and then when I synced to my iTunes on my computer, it said it was not authorized on my computer, and it deleted my movie from my iphone. I was pissed, so I called Apple customer service, and they reinstated the purchase, but first asked me to log into iTunes again and authorize the computer. That way, whatever future purchases you make, the computer will be allowed to keep the content you purchased and then you can sync it to your iPhone.

To authorize your computer, just go into iTunes and then in the STORE menu, choose AUTHORIZE COMPUTER. Enter your account info, and transfer your purchases. You only need to do this once, and in the future, when you buy more stuff from iTunes, you can sync to your iPhone without issues.
    Thanks a bunch. I had already authorized the computer, so I de-authorized it and then authorized it again. I re-synced and now I have my ringtone back.
    Thanks a bunch for the reply.
    12-28-2009 07:49 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out.
    12-28-2009 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD