This seemed to be the best forum to post this as it deals with Media.

So if I have some pictures I'd like to not have everyone who looks at my phone see, what is the best way to keep them private?

Nothing too wild here. I teach and I do occasionally show my students pictures I've taken on my phone. I'd like to keep the pictures of me drinking a beer out of the photo list.

I see that HidePod in the next version will do this (but there is no information on when it is coming out.) I don't want to lock all of my photos down, just some of them.

I know that there are apps out there that will do something like this, I'm looking for suggestions on which one works best, allowing me to put some photos away but not all of them.
    11-22-2009 06:36 AM
    I use roll swap. It's in the app store and allows you to have four picture files and you pull them one at a time to be viewed in photos. Si effectively the other rolls can't be viewed until you open that app and swap rolls.
    11-24-2009 11:17 PM
    I just have mine sorted by events and only sync events that I want to view. It's not the most foolproof method, but it works for me.
    11-25-2009 05:02 PM
    I know that this is an old thread, but I use Folders or Folders Pro, not sure of the name. It will allow you to view pics from your camera roll, and put them into a locked hidden folder. If you have pics that you imported onto the phone those will show up in the Photo Library. All of the pics you take with the phone you can move, then delete from the camera roll. Works very well
    06-28-2010 01:43 PM
    I use photo safe. It requires a password to view the photos and none of the photos are stored in your photo library so no way anybody can see them. Ther is also a cool quick tap feature that if your viewing said photos and you need to quickly hide it. You can double tap and a photo of your choosing pops up.
    08-06-2010 01:21 AM
    Try ePhotoChest. It is free, no trial version, you get the full feature.

Here is the link.
    08-06-2010 04:13 AM
    how to create folder s in iphone photos
    08-06-2010 02:58 PM
    Check out KEYBOX for iPhone and iPod touch!
    KEYBOX_lite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

It encrypts your images using strong algorithms, along with all your other secrets.
    08-12-2011 01:23 AM
    I've added a post to my blog highlighting exactly how to keep pictures private on iPhone.
    How to Keep Photos Private on iPhone – A Step by Step Guide | Jay's Blog
    08-18-2011 08:51 AM
    +1 for photosafe
    08-18-2011 09:16 AM
    +1 for photosafe
    09-27-2011 05:09 PM
    I like Hidden. Works great
    09-27-2011 11:20 PM
    I use Albums Pro it works great and can arrange photos into any folder and name them and set passwords for the ones you want to. Also it give you the option to show a preview pic on your folder or hide the preview. Works great I have many hidden/locked pictures inside mine.
    09-29-2011 09:43 PM
    +1 for photosafe
    me too, I find it very useful
    12-22-2011 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD