I want more official Apple ringtones & wallpapers...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For two years now Apple has not added a single new ringtone or wallpaper to the iPhone. Is it just me or would anyone else like to see some fresh ringtones/wallpapers from Apple?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Apple needs to add all the features people want first then maybe new ringtones but it would be easy for them to add this but I want my mms, and copy and paste first.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I would love to be able to download some of the ringtone albums in itunes and not in essence have to pay for it twice.

I'm going off of what people have said I don't have an iphone to know it for myself.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not big on using mp3 songs as ringtones, so yeah I would really like Apple's phone to come stock with new rintones.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't care about ringtones, or wallpapers...I can do those myself, I would like some new sms tones and new alerts that are user chosen. Currently the only alert you have a choice over is the sms tone, and unless your jailbroken you are stuck with their tones. Would like to see more choices there.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't care about ringtones, or wallpapers...I can do those myself, I would like some new sms tones and new alerts that are user chosen. Currently the only alert you have a choice over is the sms tone, and unless your jailbroken you are stuck with their tones. Would like to see more choices there.

thats what i 'd like to see as well. being able to choose different tones for sms or email that i make and not the ones that are already there. unless you can and i dont know about it!:eek:

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
thats what i 'd like to see as well. being able to choose different tones for sms or email that i make and not the ones that are already there. unless you can and i dont know about it!:eek:

You can but you have to be jailbroken. I do not see why it is any different than ringtones. You should be able to make them...import them into iTunes, sync your phone and then choose. Probably harder to implement than it sounds, but it doesn't sound that hard.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site

I'm also with you on that one. Now because iPhones are becoming more popular and due to the small amount of message tones. You never know which phone is yours when they go off in meetings etc.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
You can but you have to be jailbroken. I do not see why it is any different than ringtones. You should be able to make them...import them into iTunes, sync your phone and then choose. Probably harder to implement than it sounds, but it doesn't sound that hard.

honestly, that shocked the heck out of me when i first realized that it couldnt be done. i was coming from a blackberry, and it was pretty configurable when it came to tones.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Why would they spend time creating something no one uses.

I don't really hear a lot of iPhone default ringtones. I only here the text-tones because those you can't change. Also, Mac users can make their own ringtones with GarageBand.

I have the default background up now because I recently got a new iPhone but before I had a different one every week.

People don't use those things.

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
So Im getting an iPhone in a few days but I need some better messaging tones. The standard ones are either beyond annoying or to unnoticeable. I dont mind paying for another message tone, is there a way to get some? I know you can make songs into ringtones but what about messaging tones?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Just give us new MSG tones. Only 3 options and they aren't great. When your with others that have iPhones everyone is checking their pocket all the time because they all have the same SMS tone.

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree, I wish there are more MSG tone choices. For phone ringtones, I use "iToner" to make ringtones out of songs I have in my iTunes library...I use Blondie's "Call Me" as my ringtone :)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Why would they spend time creating something no one uses.

I don't really hear a lot of iPhone default ringtones. I only here the text-tones because those you can't change. Also, Mac users can make their own ringtones with GarageBand.

I have the default background up now because I recently got a new iPhone but before I had a different one every week.

People don't use those things.

I use Apple ringtones...