How to add lyrics to songs on your iphone

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Another one of my guides

This is how it works, you can see lyrics of the song over your album artwork and you can scroll thru lyrics and i bet your like HOW DO I DO SUCH A MAGICAL THING?

_____

The 1.1.3 software update for the iPhone has enabled lyrics to display for your songs. Unfortunately at this time there is no way to automatically download lyrics to your songs (However a solution using two 3rd party programs is described below!). You may be wondering how to get this working, so here is a simple guide to help get you started.

Find Lyrics

First you have to find the lyrics yourself, you can use Google and type in a search, for example "The Beatles Help Lyrics" and find the best result to chose. Alternatively you can visit web sites which have a database of lyrics such as this site.

Enter Lyrics

To enter the lyrics into iTunes just find the song you want to add lyrics to and select it. Right click on that song and select "Get Info", a new window will pop up with information about the song. Click on the Lyrics tab. Now just copy and paste the text from the lyrics web page into the text box and click OK.

Sync iPhone

Now as long as the music is already on your iPhone all you have to do is plug in your iPhone and sync. When syncing you will notice iTunes will say "Updating files" and will show the titles of the songs you have added lyrics to.

Viewing Lyrics

Now that you have setup lyrics for your songs it's simple to view them on your iPhone. Simply navigate to a song which has lyrics entered for it, and wait for the song to play. While the song is playing tap once on the cover art to display the lyrics. The lyrics will be displayed on top of the album as a scrollable text box. To hide the lyrics just tap the window once.

_____

Hope i helped hit up the rep if i did

Reactions: shutter and Jeremy

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I found out today there are itunes plugins, that will automatically find the lyrics and place them with the song, i will find the link and post it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods