Greatest Hits Albums... Grouped together iPhone

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Maybe it is this way on all iPods, I don't know this is my first one, but I'm seeing something weird with my Greatest Hits albums.....I have several Greatest Hits albums by several artists. When looking through my album list it groups all the different "Greatest Hits" albums under one album.

Also (and this is my biggest complaint) if I go to a particular artist and select one of their greatest hits albums, start playing it, then double tap the art or press the details button, I don't see just the songs for the current artist's greatest hits album, I see all the songs from all the Greatest Hits albums.

So apparently, the iPod on my iPhone, can't distinguish between one greatest hits album from another? Is there some setting or song info I have set wrong or that I can change to fix this? The only solution I can see, which isn't the best solution to me, is to change the name of each album to "Greatest Hits ZZTop" and "Greatest Hits Guns N' Roses" etc, etc.

How do you guys do it? Thanks

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You might try looking into the Tag info on the Album. Maybe if you have Album Artist filled in as well this will not happen. Haven't run into this problem as I don't have a ton of Greatest Hits albums. :D

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Yes my albums had both artist and album artist. I gave up and just changed the name of the album to Greatest Hits ZZ Top and Greatest Hits Little River Band, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner