iPhone and Netflix

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if there is any chance of getting a Netflix movie viewer for the iPhone - to watch the movies that they have available for streaming?

4nimuS

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
I saw something in the Appstore which I think refers to Netflix. It's called "Phoneflix - Netflix for the iPhone". But since I haven't got a Netflix account I didn't try it out yet.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
They have an app for managing you queue, but not one for watching the streaming videos that you get in your account.

Chris

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Yet ironically, they allow streaming video (CV) with their 3G phones (including other smartphones). I wish at least that the iPhone had that!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Is there a Netflix client for Mac OS X yet? Video often comes with DRM which does nothing to stop the real pirates, but prevents legitimate -- paying! -- users from enjoying their content when, where, and how they want to enjoy it (which Hollywood doesn't care about -- they expect you to pay for every different way you watch it, over and over again, for the same content).

Unless Netflix brokered some deal with Apple/iTunes to wrap special versions in FairPlay (iTunes DRM), or provide a special App for an H.264 stream (the way YouTube does) tied in to some account login verification, we probably won't see Netflix for some time.

(Or ever, as it competes with Apple's own rental service).

ihateallex

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Apple shouldn't monopolize the streaming video rental market. I know the iPhone is theirs, but NetFlix is great and they should be able to compete. Apple be nice!

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Apple shouldn't monopolize the streaming video rental market. I know the iPhone is theirs, but NetFlix is great and they should be able to compete. Apple be nice!

It would be nice, but Apple would lose some money on the deal, and I don't think they want that to happen.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
Good news - We will be able to watch streaming movies on from Netflix on a Mac by the end of this year. Bad news (not related the Mac) - netflix is charging $1 on top of your monthly plan if you choose to watch Blu-ray.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
be nice if the PS3 or XBox 360 played iTunes movies, but in reality, unless they have a special deal, shareholders would sue them for losing money...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@Bad Ash:

Yup, Microsoft made a "Special Deal". They showed it off during the E3 keynote. Apple is not likely to make that deal :(

Also, Netflix is US only...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2