Why would anyone buy an iPod Touch?

iphonetom

Sep 8, 2008
www.iphone-accessories.com
Oh right, well you don't have to in the United Kingdom. You can have an iPhone on pay as you go with no contract for only a bit more then the iPod touch. Do you HAVE to go into a contract with AT&T in America? No pay as you go option?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Maybe some ppl are loyal to another brand, like BlackBerry for example, but still want an iPod for music.
Could also prefer having a 32Gb iPod instead of a 16Gb iPhone.
Just my thoughts :)

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I guess so, but BlackBerry's are still great for music.

True, I'm actually still using a BlackBerry - waiting for the iPhone to launch here in South Africa (probably in the next 2 - 3 weeks).
BlackBerry's are good for music, but I believe the storage and user interface is still better on the iPod Touch :)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
No, Rogers charges the same $199 or $299 as everyone else, with 3 year contracts, and high monthly fees (I'm paying $100+ and it's short on talk time not even unlimited data!)

iPod Touch is a very reasonable alternative if you don't want a phone, or an iPhone (if you prefer a feature phone or even a blackberry).

And when it starts rocking the Skype...

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree we do not have the best deals for obtaining the Iphone but it isn't all that horrible.

At least we have live in a free country...ok well it is supposed to be free :p

That freedom gives us the right to go up to the people in the AT&T store and say "F*** you, you piece of ****, I don't want to sign your stupid contract!"

Of course, you might not be able to return to that store.

b96t

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
in singapore, the law prohibit every GSM carrier to lock their handheld. so you can still use your iphone with another GSM carrier. you still have to sign up for a plan, but i heard people who want to buy iphone kinda swap their plan with sum of money to people who wanna sign up a new plan but dont need an iphone..

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
As far as I know, the local laws here in Malaysia also prohibits handset locking. And with the Official Apple Online Store being launched just last week, we are probably gonna see the same distribution model as Hong Kong (e.g. online sale, officially unlocked) being implemented here. Some say it could be as early as December 2008. Just in time for Christmas! :)

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I believe the U.S., sadly, will not reach the greatness of Malaysia's laws concerning handset locking.

Cool to hear that though :D

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
As odd as it sounds, I would love a data-only Touch -- i.e., an iPhone with without the phone-call capability. Imagine have an always-on data connection over 3G/Edge (depending on location, of course) and the GPS built-in. I would happily pay the $30/mo iPhone data plan to have this type of device. It would make the greatest pocketable internet appliance/ipod/game console. Plus, jailbreak it to run Netshare (or whatever that app was called) and you're carrying a portable wifi hotspot with you at all times!

joeya7x

Jan 4, 2009
myspace.com
As odd as it sounds, I would love a data-only Touch -- i.e., an iPhone with without the phone-call capability. Imagine have an always-on data connection over 3G/Edge (depending on location, of course) and the GPS built-in. I would happily pay the $30/mo iPhone data plan to have this type of device. It would make the greatest pocketable internet appliance/ipod/game console. Plus, jailbreak it to run Netshare (or whatever that app was called) and you're carrying a portable wifi hotspot with you at all times!

Agree 100%
I personally use PdaNet for my Tethering option, but point well made.
3G Connectivity, GPS, and full iPod Functionality. totally worth the $30/Month
And when your contract is up and you dont want to pay the $30/Month, you still basically have an iPod Touch.

baobei816

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
http://www.liangdianup.com/tobacciana_z.htm

I am thinking about buying some wholesale water pipes from this company in China
but I am not sure if they are legal to bring in to the states? What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods