It will be interesting to see if Apple does the obvious when deciding on the specs of their next generation iPod.

An 80 GB iPod with all of the non-cellphone features of the iPhone and selling for around $400 would be a perfect upgrade.
    07-01-2007 06:59 AM
    That's what I was hoping for before they released the current iPod Touch models. I'd like to see them morph the Touch and the Classic into a hard-drive based iPod with a great battery, but with a big touch screen with all of the iPod Touch's goodies....
    06-01-2008 01:12 PM
    That's what I was hoping for before they released the current iPod Touch models. I'd like to see them morph the Touch and the Classic into a hard-drive based iPod with a great battery, but with a big touch screen with all of the iPod Touch's goodies....
    That would be much too thick for Apple's likeness.
    06-01-2008 09:13 PM
    yeah i wish the nnext gen itouch would be able to take pictures and record videos but i dont think apple will ever to do that. What itouch really needs is the way longer battery, i have to charge my itouch everyday after i use the internet for a while.
    06-03-2008 09:06 PM
    If you're using the iPod Touch that much just for surfing the Internet, I would suggest getting a laptop. The iPod Touch is still an iPod, and its main use is still supposed to be a music player. Plus, Mobile Safari, despite being the greatest mobile browser ever, is small, doesn't support Flash, and is somewhat crash-prone.
    06-04-2008 04:23 PM
    apple needs to put some focus back into the ipod world and less iphone world.
    06-08-2008 11:45 PM
    I find it ironic that the touch, the best ipod for watching videos, does not come in larger models. NAND RAM is getting stupid cheap, no reason to not have 80GB of flash in there. Next gen should have big memory (80 to 160GB flash), 802.11N standard wireless and crazy battery life. Is that too much to ask?
    06-09-2008 03:36 PM
    apple needs to put some focus back into the ipod world and less iphone world.
    I doubt that will happen. The iPhone is one of their new flagship product. With the iPod, they have already have years and years of experience in that sector, where as the wireless phone market is different, so they need to focus on that. I'm sure they will upgrade their iPods and add some cool stuff, but for now, Apple is dedicated to the iPhone.
    06-15-2008 09:06 PM
    I doubt that will happen. The iPhone is one of their new flagship product. With the iPod, they have already have years and years of experience in that sector, where as the wireless phone market is different, so they need to focus on that. I'm sure they will upgrade their iPods and add some cool stuff, but for now, Apple is dedicated to the iPhone.
    I definitely agree. Apple has set its sights on the cell phone market and want/need to make as much money possible in that market.

They've conquered the music industry and portable music player market already, no need to fix something that ain't broke. iTunes+iPod=billions for a long time coming.

iPhone+App Store=hopefully just as much for Apple
    06-23-2008 05:07 AM
    I think we might see some significant upgrades to the iPod line (think crazy GB sizes and so forth). The iPhone definitely is the flagship product at the moment, but it wouldn't be outlandish to see Apple make refined innovations to the iPod line every so often
    06-23-2008 06:09 PM
    There are a fair numbers of obsessive audiophiles (redundant I know ) like me who are always going to want the biggest storage capacity around. Apple lossless codec going through a pair of Shure SE530 earphones sure beats the heck out of 128kps AAC and the crap earbuds Apple ships. And cuts out all the noise back flying in cattle class pretty well! Problem is, lossless codecs don't really compress that much (hence the term 'lossless') and the typical 8 GB worth of music at 128kps would be 50-80 GB at the former. So, I'll still end up keeping my iPod classic (160GB) in the briefcase until Apple starts incorporating 'crazy amounts of GB' in the iPhone down the road. I mean, I can put a fair amount of music along with a movie or two. One movie taking up around 1.2 - 1.5 GB.
    06-24-2008 09:07 AM
    I think there will definitely be a size upgrade to the iPod Touch line in September, but I don't see them going hard drive based. I think they'll definitely stick with the flash memory; and I really don't see them adding too many features to the iPod Touch, or to the other iPods. The iPhone 3G barely got any new features, so there's not a lot to add to the iPod Touch. But they're currently giving away iPod Touches to education customers with a computer purchase—I think they're trying to thin the supply for an upgrade in September.
    07-05-2008 05:21 PM
    one thing i would like to see in the ipod touch is them coming with the three games all ipods come with (no matter how crappy they may be) myself i have jailbroken my ipod touch with all the addicting games i can load on the succer! but it would just be a nice thought
    07-05-2008 10:08 PM
    one thing i would like to see with the ipod touch is for apple to intrigrate the three games that come with regular ipods with the ipod touch (no matter how crappy they are). it would just be a nice thought. There is the whole jailbreak deal but i have almost bricked my ipod doing so :S
    07-05-2008 10:13 PM
    one thing i would like to see apple do is to add three games that come with the ipod touch. they can be crappy like the ones that come with the classic i just think it would be a nice touch instead of having to jailbreak to get games and what not.
    07-05-2008 10:16 PM
    sorry for the repeat posts. my comp is being all weird (stupid windows --.)
    07-05-2008 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD