What are the actual uses for VR headsets?

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I’m using a cheap and very basic headset for my iPhone X and while I enjoyed I really realize that I used only for a few videos but I don’t know what else can we do now with it to take all the juice from my iPhone in that aspect. I know is the future but today...what do you?
What are your use/recommendations for today use.

Kind regards.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are the actuall use you do to virtual headsets?

I use VR for games/apps and a lot of YouTube VR videos.

Here’s a good web site with lots of VR content that links to App Store: https://miniverse.io

If your headset is Google Cardboard compatible any of those apps should work even if you don’t own Merge Goggles.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Rob. In my case I use mainly for YouTube videos but not very happy with the games I found so long.

I’ll make a check on your link.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Rob. In my case I use mainly for YouTube videos but not very happy with the games I found so long.

I’ll make a check on your link.

No problem. I find the app experience to be poor without a controller and there are few mobile headsets that come with one. PSVR, Oculus, and Vive all have available controllers with lots of app support.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a merge headset yet, and made a poor choice with the one I did get, which was about a year ago. I've enjoyed it up to a point, but I do agree that a controller would be helpful.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a merge headset yet, and made a poor choice with the one I did get, which was about a year ago. I've enjoyed it up to a point, but I do agree that a controller would be helpful.

Any BT controller would be helpful. I have a SteelSeries BT gamepad for mobile games (I'm on Android for my daily driver, but the iOS compatible one works really well on my wife's iPhone 6s).
Makes a difference, especially for racing/flying motions in games.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Any BT controller would be helpful. I have a SteelSeries BT gamepad for mobile games (I'm on Android for my daily driver, but the iOS compatible one works really well on my wife's iPhone 6s).
Makes a difference, especially for racing/flying motions in games.

I hadn’t even thought of that! I have the same controller that I have paired with my Apple TV.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What are your use/recommendations for today use.

Of course gaming, BUT also VERY useful for shall we say "adult" fun. There are also business uses, Real Estate, home design, training and simulation, etc The possibilities are endless!

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
What about step by step instructions for reparation and maintenance of different stuff? I think it can be very useful and even money saving for people and even insurance companies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2