What is the best VR Headset for iPhone?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I do not have the Merge VR headset, and wish I had chosen it instead of the one I have this headset. It's "ok" but rather disappointing, and it doesn't always prevent dizziness as it claims.

Since purchasing mine last April, I've read about the Merge, and wish I had purchased it instead!

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I got the Merge. It's decent enough for my use. I like how it keeps my device in there nicely. I had issues with other, cheaper headsets letting in too much light and the holders breaking.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Update: I love my Merge Goggles but my four-year-old loves them even more. He’s a big shark fan and has been digging the collection of shark VR videos on YouTube.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to jump into the world of VR. But thinking about it. It's good to see here what's cool and what's not.

The Merge Goggles that Rich linked above are a good starting point. There’s way more content than I would have thought.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I presume that it would work with plus sized iPhones?

Definitely works, I have and have used an iPhone 7 Plus in VR. I used it in a "cardboard" View Master VR, AND in my Google Daydream View. YES you can use an iPhone in a limited way in a Daydream.

I have yet to jump into the world of VR. But thinking about it. It's good to see here what's cool and what's not.

Come on in, the water's fine!

I'm using cardboard. But any headset will be bizarre and useless.

Not everyone appreciates and takes to VR. To each his own, BUT I love my headsets!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is VR on the iPhone even worthwhile to experience? Or should I hold out for one of the higher-end VR systems like Oculus or Vive?

It’s a nice point of entry. You already own the most expensive part of the hardware (your iPhone) and the headsets themselves are pretty cheap. You also have access to a ton of content through App Store. It won’t give you the same level of experience as a Vive or Oculus (or even PSVR) but VR through your iPhone is still a lot of fun.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Any other glasses users out there? How to these fit?

Most VR headsets CAN comfortably fit glasses. My Daydream, Gear VR and View Master (cardboard) all accommodate my glasses just fine. I have used the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift also at events, and those work fine with my glasses.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Any other glasses users out there? How to these fit?

Most VR headsets CAN comfortably fit glasses. My Daydream, Gear VR and View Master (cardboard) all accommodate my glasses just fine. I have used the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift also at events, and those work fine with my glasses.

My Merge Goggles do NOT work with eyeglasses. I end up having to put in contacts.