Besides gaming what are your other favorite VR apps?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

What kind of, or WHAT VR apps do you like besides games. I'm a big fan of sports aggregator apps, and VR content aggregator apps. That is apps that collect and provide VR experiences. Sometimes there is crossover too, some provide ALL content including sports and SOME just provide sports. A particular favorite of mine is NextVR, they are VERY sports heavy, BUT they also provide other content, plays, backstage at TV shows, etc. BUT as I said heavy on sports....

https://www.nextvr.com/

They support the following platforms....

Daydream
Gear VR
PlayStation®VR
Windows Mixed Reality

Content includes stuff from .....

Boxing
Fox Sports
International Champions Cup
Live Nation
NBA
NBC
NFL
Wimbledon
WWE - Available Now!

So what apps do you like?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm slow to jump on the VR bandwagon. I mean, it's just not something I'm interested in at this time, but thankfully, a good deal of people are. Let's hope that they reply in this thread soon.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I tried Google cardboard and while it was fun for a couple of times, particularly to the show to some friends but I bought the HTC Vive the moment it was launched and now cardboard seems like a halfway experience.
Have you tried it yet?
I am eager to see Apple try something similar, it would be a great product for sure and would give a big push to the technology, don't you agree?
Cheers

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I tried Google cardboard and while it was fun for a couple of times, particularly to the show to some friends but I bought the HTC Vive the moment it was launched and now cardboard seems like a halfway experience.
Have you tried it yet?
I am eager to see Apple try something similar, it would be a great product for sure and would give a big push to the technology, don't you agree?
Cheers

Yes I've tried both the HTC Vive AND the Oculus Rift. Last April (I think) a small group of us (Mobile Nations members) went to Centertec which is a VR arcade in my area. They have both headsets and many games to try. Including the one I liked best called Project Cars. BUT this is a non games thread. lol

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes I've tried both the HTC Vive AND the Oculus Rift. Last April (I think) a small group of us (Mobile Nations members) went to Centertec which is a VR arcade in my area. They have both headsets and many games to try. Including the one I liked best called Project Cars. BUT this is a non games thread. lol
I know but currently there's already more than just games for the HTC Vive.

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Besides games, I think art/drawing in 3D would be something fun to do in VR. Specifically, I'm talking about the Tilt Brush, a Buzzfeed video covered it over a year ago and it still looks so cool!

LtDarthWookie

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Honestly besides games I love Netflix and YouTube in VR even if the media I'm watching isn't VR. And I'm not too ashamed to say I've browsed reddit on my GearVR a few times.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if I missed out during the olympics, assuming there were VR apps for that? Watching snowboarding, skiing and luge/skeleton might have been awesome!

That said, I'm not well versed in what I like. I am waiting to get a new headset, but the apps I've tried are VR Moon and Within.

LtDarthWookie

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if I missed out during the olympics, assuming there were VR apps for that? Watching snowboarding, skiing and luge/skeleton might have been awesome!

That said, I'm not well versed in what I like. I am waiting to get a new headset, but the apps I've tried are VR Moon and Within.

There sure WAS!

Experience the 2018 Winter Olympics in virtual reality | NBC Olympics

It was VERY much a "beta" though and did not always work as promised, BUT I did get to see the Half-Pipe finals in VR and it was pretty cool!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77