Anyone excited for the Oculus Go VR Headset?

richiegore

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
The Microsoft ones are interesting as. They have inside out tracking but they aren't platform agnostic and I don't they will be properly supported. Also the ergonomics/quality doesn't seem to be quite at oculus levels...

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The Microsoft ones are interesting as. They have inside out tracking but they aren't platform agnostic and I don't they will be properly supported. Also the ergonomics/quality doesn't seem to be quite at oculus levels...
But there are many different brands manufacturing different models. Are they all uncomfortable?

richiegore

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
They all seem to be based on the same Microsoft development kit and seem to prioritise quick usage over long term comfort and absolute light isolation etc. They're good, but not great like a rift. I can really get behind the quick usage priority but I think k they needed another 6 months of work. Hopefully they sell well enough the justify 2nd generation headsets.

Sim83

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
I'll put it this way, I'm open to anything that is not tethered, that said the only reason I'm excited about the Go-VR is that I would expect other companies to follow Oculus and I foresee it being affordable for everyone in the the not too distant future, barring cheap knock offs I hope.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'll put it this way, I'm open to anything that is not tethered, that said the only reason I'm excited about the Go-VR is that I would expect other companies to follow Oculus and I foresee it being affordable for everyone in the the not too distant future, barring cheap knock offs I hope.
I hope Apple releases a kit for a full room VR experience

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope Apple releases a kit for a full room VR experience

That would be amazing. The technology is already readily available. Apple just needs to make the hardware, which they’re pretty good at doing. Having a player like Apple entering the game would likely spur on some good competition in the VR arena and push the technology forward while bringing prices down.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Yea I too love the standalone aspect, and the price is VERY reasonable!

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
From what I've read and my understanding of it, does the Oculus Go just have its own library of games + apps. As in, it won't be able to access any of Rift's library/compatible with Steam?

LtDarthWookie

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
I'm halfway tempted to get one just for Netflix and praying that Sony brings PlayStation Vue to VR. What I want to know though is does it support USB OTG. I bought Minecraft and a couple other VR games for GearVR and usually at the end of the work day my phone is dead so I have to charge it before I can play. I know minecraft will only work with a controller so OTG would be a major need.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
From what I've read and my understanding of it, does the Oculus Go just have its own library of games + apps. As in, it won't be able to access any of Rift's library/compatible with Steam?

I'd imagine it would be more a kin to the GearVR (also made by oculus). So Oculus' GearVR apps should work.