What can we do better around here?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Open thread for any volunteer that wants to reply!

In our never ending quest to get better, wanted to ask some simple questions to the incredible volunteers we have here at iMore...

What can we do better around here? What works/doesn't work? Is there anything that'd make your life easier or more fun when posting in the forums?

Sound off, and don't be shy. Any feedback is good feedback!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I was just thinking... and I thought we had it before on here.. a way to vote up a reply to the Q&A threads for "Best Answer" and maybe have it stickied?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I was just thinking... and I thought we had it before on here.. a way to vote up a reply to the Q&A threads for "Best Answer" and maybe have it stickied?

I really like the idea. It makes the answer visible right away, preventing scrolling from pages to pages.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I think that this is an excellent suggestion. And as TwitchyPuppy says it could push the "best answer" to the forefront and eliminate a lot of scrolling.

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moderators and the Q&A Team, and I don't see why we couldn't extend this to Ambassadors also already have a way to mark a solution post as a "best answer". We see a checkmark and can then check the answer and automatically make it the 2nd post just below the question. It gets highlighted also.

Here's an example...

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/386668-ipad-pro-will-not-connect-bose-wifi-speaker.html (forum view)

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/386668-ipad-pro-will-not-connect-bose-wifi-speaker.html?mn_qa=1 (blog view)

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I have a question. Why must a moderator "approve my post" every time I want to comment on a thread? That is very annoying a frustrating...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. Why must a moderator "approve my post" every time I want to comment on a thread? That is very annoying a frustrating...

The approval of your posts is a temporary inconvenience. Sites like iMore get targeted for SPAM, and for the protection of our members as well as protect the integrity of the site, certain posts are placed in moderation to be approved by us moderators. After a short time, that approval will no longer be required. Just hang in there. It won't be much longer. Take care.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue with the iMore Forums app? I want to turn off all my email notifications but when I go to my notifications in settings, it just continuously loads and never lets me access anything. VERY frustrating. Wants me to cancel my iMore account as there is no way to fix this massive bug.
56489fa4c0141c7814d374baaf7ff13d.jpg

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Site wide dark mode.

Some of the "best" list articles just don't live up to the title. Users are noticing. It's kind of sad because you have amazing articles buy Rene and Serenity next to articles that need more accurate titles. You have to make money. This is a business. If readers avoid your "best" articles, then no one wins.

I would like to see support for developers. Beta tester announcements as news. And then have affiliate links to thank iMore for helping with the apps progress. All open. Everyone wins. iMore would be fostering the apps that bring in revenue.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Badges/Awards

It would be nice to have Awards for achieving certain goals (example: post 10 times a day; create 5 threads a day; be online for more than 5 hours, etc...)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Badges/Awards

It would be nice to have Awards for achieving certain goals (example: post 10 times a day; create 5 threads a day; be online for more than 5 hours, etc...)

Dude, that’s called being an Ambassador....

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Badges/Awards

Dude, that’s called being an Ambassador....

HAHAHA! Good one bro

Sounds about right ha ha. On topic though, I see what you’re saying, but then you’d also get people treating the forums like a game and posting for the sake of the badges/awards. They already do that for contests.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok then, how about you concentrating on the site itself. I personally hate having to sign in every fortnight to a site that ALWAYS says "incorrect password" !!
PS, what about adding the underline function so I don't have to shout...

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok then, how about you concentrating on the site itself. I personally hate having to sign in every fortnight to a site that ALWAYS says "incorrect password" !!
PS, what about adding the underline function so I don't have to shout...

The underline function is already there.. (on the website. No clue about the app but I doubt it).
However, you can always type or copy/paste it ([ U ][ /U ], without spaces, and put your text between the ][) when needed, as it is HTML, therefore supported.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner