How would one know if they have or haven't been deprioritized? Does Verizon send out something letting you know that's what's happening?

I can't say for sure whether I have or haven't, honestly. If I have...I didn't notice it because it didn't affect me too greatly or it didn't happen at a time where I was doing something that required the higher speeds, such as video streaming or high quality audio streams.
    If you're over 22 GB you're set lower on the tower right away... So just think if you're over that amount you're being de-prioritized. You will only notice reduced speeds if the tower becomes congested. If it isn't congested you being on the lower prioritization won't matter since all data will be flowing, however, once congested the "line" gets formed (basically) and you will be put more to the back of the line versus a customer who hasn't used 22 GB.

Depending on the task these speeds may not matter. Streaming HD Video? The speed drop could be noticeable. Just streaming podcasts? You may not notice since they aren't as intense on the data connection so even though it is taking longer to get the whole podcast streamed it doesn't matter for you actually listening to it.
    TgeekB and nikkisharif like this.
    06-22-2017 12:00 PM
    A good analogy is a super-highway with an HOV lane. Under 22Gb you are in the HOV lane and move at highway speed or better. Once you pass 22GB, you are moved over to the regular lanes, and if there's not a lot of traffic, you stay at highway speeds or better. But if you hit a spot of heavy traffic, you slow down until the traffic clears up, then you're back at highway speeds. With the 10GB hotspot, at 10GB you get moved all the way over to the truck lane at max speed 45 mph.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-30-2017 09:43 AM
    I have VZW and have gone over 28GB like 4 times since I got the unlimited plan. I was never throttled or at least I didn't notice if they did.

Many have posted that they don't understand how you can use that much data in a month. I have a sling box and use it all the time to watch sports and shows while I'm at work. It streams in HD so data consumption is pretty high.
    07-06-2017 06:24 PM
    We have 5 phones and an iPad that use data on VZW unlimited plan. Use quite a lot of data for sure. Haven’t noticed any slowing down really though.
    07-06-2017 06:50 PM
    A good analogy is a super-highway with an HOV lane. Under 22Gb you are in the HOV lane and move at highway speed or better. Once you pass 22GB, you are moved over to the regular lanes, and if there's not a lot of traffic, you stay at highway speeds or better. But if you hit a spot of heavy traffic, you slow down until the traffic clears up, then you're back at highway speeds. With the 10GB hotspot, at 10GB you get moved all the way over to the truck lane at max speed 45 mph.
    You've obviously never driven in the HOV lane here in Hawaii...it's as slow as the others.... 😐

Good analogy though.
    07-06-2017 07:45 PM
    This is a good analogy. Just depends how congested to hit speeds. As I said below it can get super rough coming up to 5 PM and during 5 PM at my work (I am talking 0.2 Mbps down rough). After it goes back though .

I used 110 GB last month. During rush hour (my work is next to the highway) if I'm over 22 GB I notice a huge slow down. For about an hour.. from 5 to 6. After that it goes back to normal.
    07-14-2017 05:28 PM
    I think I'll be switching to the unlimited plan in November. I usually stay around the 20-25GB range. But it drops my plans by about $40/month.
    Almeuit and nikkisharif like this.
    08-03-2017 07:55 AM
    I think I'll be switching to the unlimited plan in November. I usually stay around the 20-25GB range. But it drops my plans by about $40/month.
    Sounds like a win-win .
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-03-2017 11:25 AM
    This appears to have been before the changes to the Verizon Unlimited plans were announced. Not sure if it's still saving anyone money now. Thankfully I switched when it was first announced.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-01-2017 09:23 AM
    This appears to have been before the changes to the Verizon Unlimited plans were announced. Not sure if it's still saving anyone money now. Thankfully I switched when it was first announced.
    Same here!! The early bird gets the worm lol
    09-01-2017 10:32 AM
    Same here!! The early bird gets the worm lol
    3rd! -- Glad I got the February Unlimited plan pricing versus this new one.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-01-2017 10:49 AM
36 12