Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
a8ab89163c70cf1551928ce54cb0f1de.jpg

Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

I'm sure it's posted elsewhere, but thought I'd be a hooligan and post it here.

What are you going to do with all that unlimited data on your 7 Plus? I'm pretty sure I'm going to Hulu and YouTube myself into an early grave!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally excited. I keep a very tight leash on the members of my plan. Just the last 6 mos I've had to increase the data limit from 10 to 20 for 4 people. We still burn through it and have overages every other month. Don't care about the 22GB throttle, I'm mainly on wifi and as long as everyone else can use it, it'll be fine.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
$45 a line is expensive especially on top of a device payment plan. As much as I'd love to have unlimited data this is a bit too rich for my blood. Plus that possible throttle @ 22GB scares me.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Blaine pointed out they throttle you at 22 GB, but for someone like me paying $80 for 8GB, I'd rather pay $80 for "unlimited."

I'm wrong. Says they "de-prioritize" which sounds better than "throttling". Sounds like it means you'll just get put at "the back of the line" on the specific network resources your locally sharing and not throttled until end of billing cycle. Sounds like de-prioritized means a short rather than long(er) hindrance as we know throttling to be.

If I'm wrong and "de-prioritization" means same as "throttling" then I guess we can than thank them for trying to make it sound like it's better to be de-prioritized than throttled.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just for reference my original unlimited data, without 22gb cap, cost over $200 a month compared to the $80 here so... let that sink it

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea they throttle you at 22 I guess I'll save a few bucks free my discount tho. I'm already getting 18 gb for 76.50 lop plus the rollover

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea they throttle you at 22 I guess I'll save a few bucks free my discount tho. I'm already getting 18 gb for 76.50 lop plus the rollover

Read what al I said above that. Apparently de-prioritization could be better than being throttled which usually lasts until end of billing cycle. 🤷🏼*♂️

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Read what al I said above that. Apparently de-prioritization could be better than being throttled which usually lasts until end of billing cycle. 🤷🏼*♂️

Yea I just had a family member call and ask about it. I think I'm just gonna stick with what I got. I end up with about 24 gigs a month or anyways after the rollover 🤷🏽*♂️

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I think for people paying the ridiculous prices for tiered data it's a good deal. And for people like me with serious company discount it's cheaper than ever. I wonder if the line access is going to be $45 for people with device payment plans as well

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have 12GB on four lines for $80 plus I get a bonus 8GB per month free. So a total of 20GB per month with no overages and the rollover.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think for people paying the ridiculous prices for tiered data it's a good deal. And for people like me with serious company discount it's cheaper than ever. I wonder if the line access is going to be $45 for people with device payment plans as well

Yea, will it be $80. plus the line access fee on top of that?

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm... details are a bit scarce on the VZW website. $80 plus line access fee of $20 plus a device payment on top of that (for some) or Apple for their program? That could be almost $150 PER LINE That's getting into mortgage territory...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711