Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a 5gb plan with rollover data on At&T to the new Unlimited plan with Verizon when I got my 7 Plus. I'm just trying to use WiFi less and less now with unlimited data. I have two days left on my billing cycle, and I'm at 3.9gb. lol I still use Wifi quite a bit, but I'm trying to cut back!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Since switching this has become my primary internet at home. My wifi only works one device at a time since it's so slow. This has been a dream come true.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Since switching this has become my primary internet at home. My wifi only works one device at a time since it's so slow. This has been a dream come true.

That's some slow WiFi, haha.

Comcast gives me 125mbps so I have plenty of speed to share so I'm always connected. A new company, MetroNet, is installing lines and is offering 1Gbps here when available so I may be switching to that. Full fiber, yes please!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's some slow WiFi, haha.

Comcast gives me 125mbps so I have plenty of speed to share so I'm always connected. A new company, MetroNet, is installing lines and is offering 1Gbps here when available so I may be switching to that. Full fiber, yes please!

That's awesome. I have FiOS which is extremely fast especially in 5G. Fiber optics should be offered everywhere!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome. I have FiOS which is extremely fast especially in 5G. Fiber optics should be offered everywhere!

Yeah if only I could get FiOS where I lived instead of the crap Comcast offers with their thirty year old lines running through my neighborhood!

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah if only I could get FiOS where I lived instead of the crap Comcast offers with their thirty year old lines running through my neighborhood!

Tell me about it. This fiber to the tap with analog Coax running the rest of the way is ridiculous. So many issues come from it too! Give me straight fiber.

For reference, we pay $217 after tax for 4 televisions and 125mbps. With MetroNet, full fiber with the same service would be the same or $230 if we kept all the channels (which isn't likely we would). We basically need sports and that's about it on special packages.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it. This fiber to the tap with analog Coax running the rest of the way is ridiculous. So many issues come from it too! Give me straight fiber.

For reference, we pay $217 after tax for 4 televisions and 125mbps. With MetroNet, full fiber with the same service would be the same or $230 if we kept all the channels (which isn't likely we would). We basically need sports and that's about it on special packages.

I'm paying for 150mbps but get 30mbps if I'm lucky! There for a while Comcast was changing out the modem and router combo that kept causing issues so I got my own DOCSIS 3 modem and router and the Internet is more stable, but that didn't improve the speeds much. Also I don't believe that Comcast is running fiber optic to the tap where I live as I was told by a contractor who ran the line to the house again that it was a thirty year old line running through the neighborhood. Quite honestly I'd be happy getting the 150mbps that's being paid for, I don't really care who it's with.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm paying for 150mbps but get 30mbps if I'm lucky! There for a while Comcast was changing out the modem and router combo that kept causing issues so I got my own DOCSIS 3 modem and router and the Internet is more stable, but that didn't improve the speeds much. Also I don't believe that Comcast is running fiber optic to the tap where I live as I was told by a contractor who ran the line to the house again that it was a thirty year old line running through the neighborhood. Quite honestly I'd be happy getting the 150mbps that's being paid for, I don't really care who it's with.

Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'd be furious and demanding refunds until they fixed it. Like you, I want the best service possible. I don't care if who offers it but the best for the price is where I'll go.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'd be furious and demanding refunds until they fixed it. Like you, I want the best service possible. I don't care if who offers it but the best for the price is where I'll go.
Exactly! I just want what's being paid for.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

That definitely hurts. I hope more competition comes to you so you can force them to fix it.

I am lucky that I can get Comcast (at the right speeds) but recently (about 5+ months ago) AT&T lit up fiber in my neighborhood. My bill for DirecTV (2 boxes) and Internet is $135 (that is taxes and all) but my Internet speed is 1Gbps up/down w/ unlimited data. It is pretty insane especially since I was paying Comcast $134 a month w/ taxes and all for 75 Mbps down/10 up and TV.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That definitely hurts. I hope more competition comes to you so you can force them to fix it.

I am lucky that I can get Comcast (at the right speeds) but recently (about 5+ months ago) AT&T lit up fiber in my neighborhood. My bill for DirecTV (2 boxes) and Internet is $135 (that is taxes and all) but my Internet speed is 1Gbps up/down w/ unlimited data. It is pretty insane especially since I was paying Comcast $134 a month w/ taxes and all for 75 Mbps down/10 up and TV.

I agree, more competition would help things! In the past I've known people who have had at&t uverse and they have had nothing bad to say about it. It sounds like you're getting a better deal than you had with Comcast. What kind of speeds do you get with 1Gbps?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree, more competition would help things! In the past I've known people who have had at&t uverse and they have had nothing bad to say about it. It sounds like you're getting a better deal than you had with Comcast. What kind of speeds do you get with 1Gbps?
I get 940 Mbps down and up on a wired connection for a speed test. Around 300-400 on a good 5ghz wifi signal. File downloads range from 60 to 100+ MB /sec (depends on what the server is delivering) so it's definitely ridiculous.

While I only fully use the connection when downloading large files I can say it's nice being able to download a file at 60 + MB/sec while streaming to 3 or 4 devices and uploading another file all without a hiccup haha.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got the approval for the free phone credits for swapping -- They have been applied and properly I might add. By properly I mean it even back-paid the months they had to pay first before the credits kicked in :). Easy.

I am doing the free phone promo as well (it was still active on my account from swapping).. So glad to see it is painless.

Attachments

• vzwcredits.png
    vzwcredits.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 16

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I get 940 Mbps down and up on a wired connection for a speed test. Around 300-400 on a good 5ghz wifi signal. File downloads range from 60 to 100+ MB /sec (depends on what the server is delivering) so it's definitely ridiculous.

While I only fully use the connection when downloading large files I can say it's nice being able to download a file at 60 + MB/sec while streaming to 3 or 4 devices and uploading another file all without a hiccup haha.
I'm jealous!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods