Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Military do get the discount but my corporate discount will not work. Also my tablets, jetpak lines will cost me more. And auto pay...I don't like auto pay. I am staying on my XL account. It suits me fine and my discount is better. I would be paying more and that isn't cost effective for me. It will work for others but it isn't for me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just took a mini road trip. On the two hour ride (of which I was one of the passengers) I streamed DirectvNOW and watched South Park on my iPhone, my daughter streamed Trolls on my iPad Pro, and I had my hotspot enabled so my mother could do work on her MacBook. All possible because of Verizon's unlimited plan and awesome coverage.

Yes...the extra money was definitely worth it for me.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
One question, is the 22 GB "limit" before deprioritization a limit per line, or is it a bucket that includes all the Unlimited lines on the account? Additionally, if you add an iPad or other data device for $20, does it count against the phones 22 GB "limit", or does it have its own 22GB before deprioritization?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
One question, is the 22 GB "limit" before deprioritization a limit per line, or is it a bucket that includes all the Unlimited lines on the account? Additionally, if you add an iPad or other data device for $20, does it count against the phones 22 GB "limit", or does it have its own 22GB before deprioritization?

It's 22gb per line according to Verizon.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It is per line.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon customer service this week. It would cost me $20 more per month to switch to the unlimited plan. I'll definitely be sticking with my current plan.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
^ $40 more for me, so I will be staying put with my current plan too. It does sound like a good deal though, for those out there that really need it.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So far day 1 is going well.. I don't get blistering speeds like on T-Mobile but you get very consistent speeds. I seem to always be at 30 Mbps or higher no matter where I am at which is absolutely fine.

My house on T-Mobile was kind of bad. Around 5 to 8 Mbps. I get this now on Verizon in my PC room.

d02cee9ab9295fbb7f37b6d6232c965a.jpg

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm the police and fire?

According to Verizon Customer Service via Twitter:

"We salute and thank all the paramedics, fire fighters and police who put their lives on the line every day to be there for everyone in their community. We can't thank them enough. At this time, the only recognized discount with the new Verizon Plan Unlimited is for military and veterans."

I double checked because my cousin is a PO in NY and his request for the discount was denied. IDK maybe it's specific to some people but I would definitely double check.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

"We salute and thank all the paramedics, fire fighters and police who put their lives on the line every day to be there for everyone in their community. We can't thank them enough. At this time, the only recognized discount with the new Verizon Plan Unlimited is for military and veterans."

I double checked because my cousin is a PO in NY and his request for the discount was denied. IDK maybe it's specific to some people but I would definitely double check.

You are correct. I just got off the phone with Verizon to make sure my Military discount was applied. Ya just gotta love these reps who give false information and it still amazes me that you can get five different answers to the same question. Verizon's unlimited data plan discount is only for Military.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You are correct. I just got off the phone with Verizon to make sure my Military discount was applied. Ya just gotta love these reps who give false information and it still amazes me that you can get five different answers to the same question. Verizon's unlimited data plan discount is only for Military.

Lol see this is why I NEVER call on the phone. I either go to Twitter, Facebook or their chat function on their website so I can quote people and have a record of who said what when.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Also confirmed this today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner