Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
No freebie is worth my phone not working when where I need it to.

I haven't been to OK since being back on T-Mobile that was actually one of my big concerns before switching back. I've done some work in Pryor, and I would have needed my phone to work there. I haven't had any issues with connection, even driving through northern MO and southern IA which is nothing but farms and towns of maybe 500 people.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Lol ok that makes total sense. And hopefully you know I wasn't trying to judge or data shame. I was honestly curious. The tethering on car trips would be nice. I've lied to my kids and said my phone wi t tether

Oh I know man. Kids having internet for iPads works quite nice. If only they were responsible enough for AirPods.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Some people are never satisfied lol...if it's too much for you don't get it. I'm super excited about it!! I refuse to leave Verizon until everyone else catches up. I travel far to much for spotty coverage. Plus I get a nice little discount for having FiOS too so I'm content with them

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Some people are never satisfied lol...if it's too much for you don't get it. I'm super excited about it!! I refuse to leave Verizon until everyone else catches up. I travel far to much for spotty coverage. Plus I get a nice little discount for having FiOS too so I'm content with them

AT&T and Verizon are neck and neck, one does better in the country and the other better in the city, I can't remember which. T-Mobile is breathing down their necks too, I work in some out of the way places and haven't had an issue with T-Mobile. Sprint is the only one lagging having to fix their WiMAX hiccup.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I can't leave Big Red either. I go to far too many place in Michigan where no one else has coverage despite what the coverage maps says. I may do it to future proof because my kids will be getting devices in the near future. Their growing up too fast.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
AT&T and Verizon are neck and neck, one does better in the country and the other better in the city, I can't remember which. T-Mobile is breathing down their necks too, I work in some out of the way places and haven't had an issue with T-Mobile. Sprint is the only one lagging having to fix their WiMAX hiccup.

I live in the city and travel to the country often with no issues. I had Sprint, which is why I'm with Verizon now lol. My mom and daughter have t-mobile and it's bad in Northeast Ohio (city) where they are. My old work device use to be AT&T and it worked well everywhere except inside the hospitals. I'm a medical professional so that's really important to me. Verizon definitely isn't perfect but it's the only one that's consistent when/where I need it to be.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I live in the city and travel to the country often with no issues. I had Sprint, which is why I'm with Verizon now lol. My mom and daughter have t-mobile and it's bad in Northeast Ohio (city) where they are. My old work device use to be AT&T and it worked well everywhere except inside the hospitals. I'm a medical professional so that's really important to me. Verizon definitely isn't perfect but it's the only one that's consistent when/where I need it to be.

That's the fun of multiple providers isn't it? It's amazing how many people live or work in an area where only one provider is really an option.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can't leave Big Red either. I go to far too many place in Michigan where no one else has coverage despite what the coverage maps says. I may do it to future proof because my kids will be getting devices in the near future. Their growing up too fast.

That makes a lot of sense. Mine are grown so they've been getting kicked off the plan one by one

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Here in Michigan it seems like all the carriers (except sprint) are good in the cities and southern lower Michigan, but north of 96 it's Verizon that's the best. I've been too many places in Northern Mich where I'm the only one with a signal to ever leave. Plus at my house, in the country near Ann Arbor, so certainly not the boonies, Verizon is the only one with a signal. It's like a donut hole about half a mile in diameter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox