Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea, will it be $80. plus the line access fee on top of that?

"$80 for unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphone with paper-free billing and AutoPay.
$45 per line for four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphones and tablets with paper-free billing and AutoPay."

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I think for people paying the ridiculous prices for tiered data it's a good deal. And for people like me with serious company discount it's cheaper than ever. I wonder if the line access is going to be $45 for people with device payment plans as well

That's my whole deal. They don't really clarify if there price hike for the line access. If it stays where it is. I won't mind switching then I'll only being paying 68 for unlimited data.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... details are a bit scarce on the VZW website. $80 plus line access fee of $20 plus a device payment on top of that (for some) or Apple for their program? That could be almost $150 PER LINE That's getting into mortgage territory...

Remember what I said above. I have original unlimited data, hotspot, insurance and DPP and my bill is $240 a month so even $150 is a good deal

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
"$80 for unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphone with paper-free billing and AutoPay.
$45 per line for four lines with unlimited data, talk and text on your smartphones and tablets with paper-free billing and AutoPay."

I'm going to need a 12 digit calculator. :rolleyes:

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Remember what I said above. I have original unlimited data, hotspot, insurance and DPP and my bill is $240 a month so even $150 is a good deal

Yowza! Do you use enough data to justify that? I use about 8 to 10 GB per month because of work, but my wife is on wifi all the time. Together we're about 12 gigs per month.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yowza! Do you use enough data to justify that? I use about 8 to 10 GB per month because of work, but my wife is on wifi all the time. Together we're about 12 gigs per month.

I've used 70 before. Usually use between 35-50gb did get faster internet at home so I think last month was a all time low of 33gb I want to say

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
3d2389797e8894c939f923321835d31e.jpg

1dc8dd86b4bc995a22d04545fa701157.jpg

Plus unlimited hotspot and phone insurance and device payment plan and taxes etc so yea

This could be a good deal 🤷🏼*♂️

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've used 70 before. Usually use between 35-50gb did get faster internet at home so I think last month was a all time low of 33gb I want to say

Just curious, but what do you do to use all that data? I'm on wifi nearly all the time except when I'm out of the office a couple of days a week, and that's when my data usage occurs.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying where I'm at. This has been a really light month on data. With my son and daughter we usually use much more data, 12-16GB. I have 6 days left in my cycle and we haven't used all the bonus data yet.
060cd2b3fbd3e429866d89be5c9508d4.png

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, but what do you do to use all that data? I'm on wifi nearly all the time except when I'm out of the office a couple of days a week, and that's when my data usage occurs.

I'm using it very carefully. Haha. And tether my IPP or kids iPads on car trips... anything I come across. We have wifi at work; it's slow and I don't deal with it well so kids iPad and Netflix use some. Culmination of stuff uses that much. It's not on purpose.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... details are a bit scarce on the VZW website. $80 plus line access fee of $20 plus a device payment on top of that (for some) or Apple for their program? That could be almost $150 PER LINE That's getting into mortgage territory...

Huh...T-Mobile is roughly $80 a month for three lines and that's including insurance and phone payments. I want to say it's $40 a month for four lines, that's before phone payments and insurance though.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it very carefully. Haha. And tether my IPP or kids iPads on car trips... anything I come across. We have wifi at work; it's slow and I don't deal with it well so kids iPad and Netflix use some. Culmination of stuff uses that much. It's not on purpose.

Lol ok that makes total sense. And hopefully you know I wasn't trying to judge or data shame. I was honestly curious. The tethering on car trips would be nice. I've lied to my kids and said my phone wi t tether

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Makes since if your streaming movies and tv shows heavily . What I have now gets me through the month. But like you said you like the fast speeds. So even though it's more cost efficient you'll lose your speed after the alleged cap. Just another win/loss situation.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited data should just always be a given, if I actually lived in my apartment I wouldn't need it though. Google Fiber FTW! Since I basically live out of hotels and the ones we've been staying at have horrendous wifi, I go through 35-50GB a month. The question is whether or not Verizon is a viable option when you have Sprint trying to play catch-up, and T-Mobile offering weekly freebies.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Unlimited data should just always be a given, if I actually lived in my apartment I wouldn't need it though. Google Fiber FTW! Since I basically live out of hotels and the ones we've been staying at have horrendous wifi, I go through 35-50GB a month. The question is whether or not Verizon is a viable option when you have Sprint trying to play catch-up, and T-Mobile offering weekly freebies.

No freebie is worth my phone not working when where I need it to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh