Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I dislike the family pricing breakdown. I pay for all the lines on my account so the per line breakdown doesn't much matter to me. Simply tell me what it's going to cost rather than the marketing sales pitch to make it sound better lol. $45 per line means nothing when I'm paying for each line.
    02-14-2017 08:49 PM
    I dislike the family pricing breakdown. I pay for all the lines on my account so the per line breakdown doesn't much matter to me. Simply tell me what it's going to cost rather than the marketing sales pitch to make it sound better lol. $45 per line means nothing when I'm paying for each line.
    I guess I'm just different lol. Companies shouldn't have to coddle us just because another company is doing that. If it says $45/line and I have 5 lines then the cost for the plan is $225 not including phone payments, taxes or fees. Doesn't seem to difficult but that's just me.
    cwbcpa, TwitchyPuppy and Spencerdl like this.
    02-15-2017 04:31 AM
    I'm on a promo plan... double the data, so my 12gb plan is really 24gb. It's the older "XL" plan I think, before they added rollover. We don't use that much, and going to unlimited would increase our bill by over $30. No thanks.

Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?-screen-shot-2017-02-15-5.54.08-am.png
    DarlaMack likes this.
    02-15-2017 04:54 AM
    I guess I'm just different lol. Companies shouldn't have to coddle us just because another company is doing that. If it says $45/line and I have 5 lines then the cost for the plan is $225 not including phone payments, taxes or fees. Doesn't seem to difficult but that's just me.
    The pricing structure isn't something that will compel me to switch providers. It's just an annoyance. And you're right that companies shouldn't have to coddle to us based on what another company is doing. But they should consider it if they want to remain competitive. Otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created because Verizon would have never brought unlimited back. They didn't do it because they want to...they did it because they had to. Thanks to T Mobile.
    Last edited by Quis89; 02-15-2017 at 06:59 AM.
    02-15-2017 06:36 AM
    $45 a line is expensive especially on top of a device payment plan. As much as I'd love to have unlimited data this is a bit too rich for my blood. Plus that possible throttle @ 22GB scares me.
    45 a month is not expensive at for Unlimited everything on the United States best wireless network
    02-15-2017 06:41 AM
    Hmmm... details are a bit scarce on the VZW website. $80 plus line access fee of $20 plus a device payment on top of that (for some) or Apple for their program? That could be almost $150 PER LINE That's getting into mortgage territory...
    The 80 includes the line access fee
    02-15-2017 06:42 AM
    I totally agree with you Nikki. It's been my experience that Verizon is one of the best if not the best mobile phone companies out there. It seems as though all other carriers are playing catch up with all different types of gimmicks to get you to come to their business. I feel that Verizon is very good at having many different options as a carrier. Verizon's unlimited data plan is definitely a game changer....again.
    cwbcpa, Wildo6882 and nikkisharif like this.
    02-15-2017 06:43 AM
    I think for people paying the ridiculous prices for tiered data it's a good deal. And for people like me with serious company discount it's cheaper than ever. I wonder if the line access is going to be $45 for people with device payment plans as well
    Yes but it'll be 45 line as long as you have at least 4 lines on account
    02-15-2017 06:43 AM
    Yes but it'll be 45 line as long as you have at least 4 lines on account
    Yep. I decided on release day it was just too much to raise the tablet line fee to $20 from $10. I'd be paying $10 more a month total when I'm paying the data fee of $55 discounted for 8 GB and 4 GB of bonus data. I rarely go over my bonus data and usually start the cycle with about 18-20 GB thanks to rollover.

Gonna stick with what I have for now until I can take my tablet off.
    02-15-2017 09:36 AM
    Yep. I decided on release day it was just too much to raise the tablet line fee to $20 from $10. I'd be paying $10 more a month total when I'm paying the data fee of $55 discounted for 8 GB and 4 GB of bonus data. I rarely go over my bonus data and usually start the cycle with about 18-20 GB thanks to rollover.

Gonna stick with what I have for now until I can take my tablet off.
    Makes sense. Everyone uses data differently just like phones, what's good for one may not be good for another. I was averaging 7gb rollover with my 24gb plan + 2gb for life which came up to an average of 33gb monthly, but with the Verizon Unlimited Data plan I save $42.50 a month compared to my 24gb plan. I will see how the "prioritize" works after/if I go over 22gb and then make a decision to return to the 24gb plan, but I doubt that I will because of the $42.50 savings monthly.
    02-15-2017 09:51 AM
    Makes sense. Everyone uses data differently just like phones, what's good for one may not be good for another. I was averaging 7gb rollover with my 24gb plan + 2gb for life which came up to an average of 33gb monthly, but with the Verizon Unlimited Data plan I save $42.50 a month compared to my 24gb plan. I will see how the "prioritize" works after/if I go over 22gb and then make a decision to return to the 24gb plan, but I doubt that I will because of the $42.50 savings monthly.
    How many lines are you slinging?

This plan almost makes more sense if you have a family plan, or a single line with a large data allowance. The single line is great but not on top of a DPP and boosting the add on prices.
    02-15-2017 09:53 AM
    The thing to remember is it's 22 GB per line. I'm not sure about your usage, but no single line on my account was using more than 20 GB. So if your combined usage on the previous plan never really exceeded 25 GB, I don't see you noticing the prioritization of the 22 GB per line.

That is what my favorite part of this is. When the rep explained that it's not 22 GB for the entire account, instead it's per line.
    zachpenguin and Spencerdl like this.
    02-15-2017 10:26 AM
    The thing to remember is it's 22 GB per line. I'm not sure about your usage, but no single line on my account was using more than 20 GB. So if your combined usage on the previous plan never really exceeded 25 GB, I don't see you noticing the prioritization of the 22 GB per line.

That is what my favorite part of this is. When the rep explained that it's not 22 GB for the entire account, instead it's per line.
    Interesting...I didn't know that. Also, do we know how much the Autopay discount is??? My bill goes up on this plan, but I don't have auto. If I could drop it a bit, it wouldn't be such a problem.
    02-15-2017 10:42 AM
    Interesting...I didn't know that. Also, do we know how much the Autopay discount is??? My bill goes up on this plan, but I don't have auto. If I could drop it a bit, it wouldn't be such a problem.
    Auto pay was $10 off for me.
    Quis89 likes this.
    02-15-2017 10:58 AM
    That's it a whole heck of a lot.
    02-15-2017 10:59 AM
    It's $5 on a single line plan, and $10 on plans with 2 lines or more
    02-15-2017 11:01 AM

Yes. Exactly. My one line is 22gb and I normally averaged 19gb per month so it's pretty much a no brainer for me to go with the unlimited plan @$42.50 cheaper on a monthly basis.
    Quis89 likes this.
    02-15-2017 11:07 AM
    I have 5 lines and it works out to $42 per line. Not bad if you ask me.
    02-15-2017 11:10 AM

So...my tablet would be unlimited to it's capping point, and my phone would be unlimited to it's capping point? Basically 44 GB of data? If that's the case I'm swapping and moving my iPad into my truck for the kids.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-15-2017 03:11 PM
    I totally agree with you Nikki. It's been my experience that Verizon is one of the best if not the best mobile phone companies out there. It seems as though all other carriers are playing catch up with all different types of gimmicks to get you to come to their business. I feel that Verizon is very good at having many different options as a carrier. Verizon's unlimited data plan is definitely a game changer....again.
    I completely agree. I'm on AT&T and seriously thinking about switching to Verizon now for this. I can swap my 6s Plus for an iPhone 7 for my daughter, swap my wife's S7 edge for a 7 Plus for me, then I'd just have to get a phone for my wife. She won't use Apple so I'd have to find something for her and I don't want to get an Android phone on contract for her when the S8 is going to be out in a couple months. Only other issue is that we still owe on her S7 edge, so we'd have to pay that off. It would be expensive to switch based off of that, because I'd have to pay off her phone and find her a Verizon compatible phone until the S8 came out. But man is this tempting.
    02-15-2017 03:48 PM
    So...my tablet would be unlimited to it's capping point, and my phone would be unlimited to it's capping point? Basically 44 GB of data? If that's the case I'm swapping and moving my iPad into my truck for the kids.
    Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?-screen-shot-2017-02-15-3.51.04-pm.png

I give up...lol
    The guy I spoke with over the phone yesterday said it was per line. This guy on the chat says it's per account. I'd be interested in what others have been told.
    02-15-2017 03:52 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 3.51.04 PM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	116432

I give up...lol
    The guy I spoke with over the phone yesterday said it was per line. This guy on the chat says it's per account. I'd be interested in what others have been told.
    Me too, because I'm looking for a legitimate reason to jump on board and pay $10 more a month! I know it's just $10, but it's my $10 lol
    02-15-2017 03:57 PM
    Me too, because I'm looking for a legitimate reason to jump on board and pay $10 more a month! I know it's just $10, but it's my $10 lol
    https://community.verizonwireless.co...the%2022GB%20p

There is a lot of confusion around this apparently. I'm assuming/hoping it's 22GB per line. I couldn't imagine them releasing an unlimited plan and placing a soft limit of 22GB on the entire account when they had a plan that allowed for 24 GB shared LTE data. And the guy that I spoke with specifically told me it was per line. He of course could be wrong...but I couldn't imagine it being based on the account.
    02-15-2017 04:09 PM
    Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who actually works for Verizon and it's 22gb per line on The Verizon Unlimited Data plan.
    He just informed me that as hard as he's been working the past couple of days, it seems like the whole world is switching. LOL
    02-15-2017 04:12 PM
    Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who actually works for Verizon and it's 22gb per line on The Verizon Unlimited Data plan.
    He just informed me that as hard as he's been working the past couple of days, it seems like the whole world is switching. LOL
    Did you ask your friend about the 22 gb prioritizing? Is there a difference between that and throttling? Verizon has said it could slow data a little, but won't happen much and you won't likely notice.
    02-15-2017 05:02 PM
563 ... 7891011 ...