I think you mean prioritized. It's not the same as throttling.
    I know, hence why I said deprioritized and not throttled.
    04-16-2017 08:28 PM
    I know, hence why I said deprioritized and not throttled.
    04-16-2017 09:31 PM
    They're located between Annapolis and Baltimore, so that could be why they're deprioritized. I will be using my phone in the same general area, and that's why I was trying to find the old unlimited data plan. Just out of curiosity where are you located that you've not been deprioritized?
    Oh ok. I'm in Boston.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:08 PM
    I don't use mine often either but I've been using it just to see when/if the deprioritize me. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. Things have been very good here🤞🏾 I'm also wondering if they don't deprioritize as much in a large metro area like the do in a less populated place. Where are your coworkers located? The poster in this thread said they're in a small county.
    Your unlimited data is not throttled or deprioritized once you hit 22GB. If you are using data during peak times AND are on a congested tower then you will be/could be knocked down to the 3G network. Should that happen then, once the congestion is alleviated things go back to normal without waiting for the next billing cycle. Outside of that scenario there will be no impact to service no matter how much data you use. VZ is not automatically limiting data speeds once someone hits 22GB. It's likely someone in a small county will not witness any impact as the towers probably don't really get too congested even during peak times. However, I could see this happening in say NY Metro area.
    04-22-2017 08:00 AM
    I'd like to point out that I have been "de-prioritized." But in reality, they've throttled me for a week now. I hit 22GB and my speeds have been cut back to 0.8 Mbps. I'm raging over here. There aren't even 20,000 people in the county and I'm being throttled like crazy. Speeds haven't increased a single time.
    There is something else going on with your service. You need to give them a call.The plan does not work that way. Even the 3G service is faster than what you are stating.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-22-2017 08:06 AM
    Your unlimited data is not throttled or deprioritized once you hit 22GB. If you are using data during peak times AND are on a congested tower then you will be/could be knocked down to the 3G network. Should that happen then, once the congestion is alleviated things go back to normal without waiting for the next billing cycle. Outside of that scenario there will be no impact to service no matter how much data you use. VZ is not automatically limiting data speeds once someone hits 22GB. It's likely someone in a small county will not witness any impact as the towers probably don't really get too congested even during peak times. However, I could see this happening in say NY Metro area.
    I totally understand all of what you're saying & fully understood when Verizon started offering unlimited again. I'm in Boston and haven't had any slowed speeds whatsoever. I was responding to another poster about what could possibly be going on with their friend's speeds.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    04-22-2017 08:17 AM
    I totally understand all of what you're saying & fully understood when Verizon started offering unlimited again. I'm in Boston and haven't had any slowed speeds whatsoever. I was responding to another poster about what could possibly be going on with their friend's speeds.
    Understood. Wasn't directing everything at your comments. I Probably should have split the different quotes. Sorry.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-22-2017 09:55 AM
    Still too expensive for me.... don't need the extra $30 on my bill to do unlimited. Guess we can be using more... maybe sign up for Apple Music

04-22-2017 09:58 AM
    Understood. Wasn't directing everything at your comments. I Probably should have split the different quotes. Sorry.
    No worries
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    04-22-2017 10:19 AM
    I'm on a promo plan... double the data, so my 12gb plan is really 24gb. It's the older "XL" plan I think, before they added rollover. We don't use that much, and going to unlimited would increase our bill by over $30. No thanks.

Attachment 116411
    How things change in 4 months. Daughter using more data, so rather than worry about it each month (ever explain to a teenager that she doesn't have any more data and can't snapchat? lol) we just went for the extra. Also means we can stream  Music without watching it so win-win, I hope!
    06-13-2017 07:25 AM
    How things change in 4 months. Daughter using more data, so rather than worry about it each month (ever explain to a teenager that she doesn't have any more data and can't snapchat? lol) we just went for the extra. Also means we can stream  Music without watching it so win-win, I hope!
    Welcome to the "unlimited" side ....ENJOY
    robertk328 likes this.
    06-13-2017 07:47 AM
    I hope it continues to work out for you.

It's funny how the cost/benefit calculations vary depending on the user. Nine months or so ago I had Verizon's 16GB plan shared between my iPhone and Jetpack and spent over $100 per month. Today I have that same iPhone, plus a cellular iPad, on unlimited and pay under $100, about $15 less.

The two devices can provide 10GB each of LTE wifi hotspot data to my computer (or each other, for big updates that won't work on cellular) before being slowed to 3G speeds. That alone is 4GB more than my previous, more expensive plan. And the devices themselves, though theoretically subject to "de-prioritization" after using 22GB of data, each, in practice never get slowed where I am—l'm on a cell tower in the middle of nowhere that never gets much use except from people driving through on the lonely highway.

So less money for a whole lot more high-speed data. I'm pleased.
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    06-13-2017 07:53 AM
    I hope it continues to work out for you.

It's funny how the cost/benefit calculations vary depending on the user. Nine months or so ago I had Verizon's 16GB plan shared between my iPhone and Jetpack and spent over $100 per month. Today I have that same iPhone, plus a cellular iPad, on unlimited and pay under $100, about $15 less.
    many said theirs was less with unlimited, and that's a no-brainer. changing ours might've been a temporary solution but since we're signed up, we'll just have to use it all.
    06-13-2017 05:00 PM
563 ... 212223