Yeah if only I could get FiOS where I lived instead of the crap Comcast offers with their thirty year old lines running through my neighborhood!
    Tell me about it. This fiber to the tap with analog Coax running the rest of the way is ridiculous. So many issues come from it too! Give me straight fiber.

For reference, we pay $217 after tax for 4 televisions and 125mbps. With MetroNet, full fiber with the same service would be the same or $230 if we kept all the channels (which isn't likely we would). We basically need sports and that's about it on special packages.
    03-19-2017 01:54 PM
    Tell me about it. This fiber to the tap with analog Coax running the rest of the way is ridiculous. So many issues come from it too! Give me straight fiber.

For reference, we pay $217 after tax for 4 televisions and 125mbps. With MetroNet, full fiber with the same service would be the same or $230 if we kept all the channels (which isn't likely we would). We basically need sports and that's about it on special packages.
    I'm paying for 150mbps but get 30mbps if I'm lucky! There for a while Comcast was changing out the modem and router combo that kept causing issues so I got my own DOCSIS 3 modem and router and the Internet is more stable, but that didn't improve the speeds much. Also I don't believe that Comcast is running fiber optic to the tap where I live as I was told by a contractor who ran the line to the house again that it was a thirty year old line running through the neighborhood. Quite honestly I'd be happy getting the 150mbps that's being paid for, I don't really care who it's with.
    03-19-2017 02:00 PM
    I'm paying for 150mbps but get 30mbps if I'm lucky! There for a while Comcast was changing out the modem and router combo that kept causing issues so I got my own DOCSIS 3 modem and router and the Internet is more stable, but that didn't improve the speeds much. Also I don't believe that Comcast is running fiber optic to the tap where I live as I was told by a contractor who ran the line to the house again that it was a thirty year old line running through the neighborhood. Quite honestly I'd be happy getting the 150mbps that's being paid for, I don't really care who it's with.
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'd be furious and demanding refunds until they fixed it. Like you, I want the best service possible. I don't care if who offers it but the best for the price is where I'll go.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-19-2017 02:02 PM
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'd be furious and demanding refunds until they fixed it. Like you, I want the best service possible. I don't care if who offers it but the best for the price is where I'll go.
    Exactly! I just want what's being paid for.
    blaine07 likes this.
    03-19-2017 03:17 PM
    The last day of my first cycle. I am the top line.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?-vzwus1.png  
    zachpenguin and nikkisharif like this.
    03-19-2017 11:18 PM
    That definitely hurts. I hope more competition comes to you so you can force them to fix it.

I am lucky that I can get Comcast (at the right speeds) but recently (about 5+ months ago) AT&T lit up fiber in my neighborhood. My bill for DirecTV (2 boxes) and Internet is $135 (that is taxes and all) but my Internet speed is 1Gbps up/down w/ unlimited data. It is pretty insane especially since I was paying Comcast $134 a month w/ taxes and all for 75 Mbps down/10 up and TV.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-19-2017 11:21 PM
    That definitely hurts. I hope more competition comes to you so you can force them to fix it.

I am lucky that I can get Comcast (at the right speeds) but recently (about 5+ months ago) AT&T lit up fiber in my neighborhood. My bill for DirecTV (2 boxes) and Internet is $135 (that is taxes and all) but my Internet speed is 1Gbps up/down w/ unlimited data. It is pretty insane especially since I was paying Comcast $134 a month w/ taxes and all for 75 Mbps down/10 up and TV.
    I agree, more competition would help things! In the past I've known people who have had at&t uverse and they have had nothing bad to say about it. It sounds like you're getting a better deal than you had with Comcast. What kind of speeds do you get with 1Gbps?
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-19-2017 11:29 PM
    I agree, more competition would help things! In the past I've known people who have had at&t uverse and they have had nothing bad to say about it. It sounds like you're getting a better deal than you had with Comcast. What kind of speeds do you get with 1Gbps?
    I get 940 Mbps down and up on a wired connection for a speed test. Around 300-400 on a good 5ghz wifi signal. File downloads range from 60 to 100+ MB /sec (depends on what the server is delivering) so it's definitely ridiculous.

While I only fully use the connection when downloading large files I can say it's nice being able to download a file at 60 + MB/sec while streaming to 3 or 4 devices and uploading another file all without a hiccup haha.
    zachpenguin and nikkisharif like this.
    03-20-2017 12:02 AM
    Got the approval for the free phone credits for swapping -- They have been applied and properly I might add. By properly I mean it even back-paid the months they had to pay first before the credits kicked in . Easy.

I am doing the free phone promo as well (it was still active on my account from swapping).. So glad to see it is painless.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?-vzwcredits.png  
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-22-2017 12:50 PM
    I get 940 Mbps down and up on a wired connection for a speed test. Around 300-400 on a good 5ghz wifi signal. File downloads range from 60 to 100+ MB /sec (depends on what the server is delivering) so it's definitely ridiculous.

While I only fully use the connection when downloading large files I can say it's nice being able to download a file at 60 + MB/sec while streaming to 3 or 4 devices and uploading another file all without a hiccup haha.
    I'm jealous!
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-22-2017 12:57 PM
    I don't think I could use 70+ GB if I tried lol. That's crazy. I'm at 25 GB with 1 day left in my billing cycle.
    03-22-2017 01:26 PM
    I don't think I could use 70+ GB if I tried lol. That's crazy. I'm at 25 GB with 1 day left in my billing cycle.
    I definitely could
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-22-2017 01:35 PM
    I checked into it - not worth it... would make my bill go up $70! They wouldn't let me use my discount and was trying to force me into an automatic billing - yeah, let it go Verizon to do "unlimited" their way
    03-22-2017 01:37 PM
    I definitely could
    Yea I just don't use my phone that much. I watch quick videos but nothing extensive. My use comes from music/radio streaming. I do that all day at work. But if I'm not at work...I'm probably not touching my phone at all lol. My phone is emails, web browsing and music streaming while I'm out and about. When I'm settled, I'm not really using it much.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2017 01:41 PM
    I can barely break 10 GB! How'd you use 25 GB?
    03-22-2017 01:42 PM
    Since T-Mobile basically forced Unlimited upon everyone now, most are acknowledging that both Verizon and T-Mobile are probably your best value of the major 4. Sprint IS the cheapest but it's a teaser rate and despite their commercial's their network really does NOT compare. Networkwise Verizon is probably the best in most places, although this DOES vary. In major cities you may be ok with any of the 4, Verizon shines in remote areas. Best to actually check, see coverage maps, check with friends and neighbors etc Personally I went with T-Mobile, but at the time Verizon was MUCH more expensive, now it's more complicated, as prices are similar. You MAY be better off with Verizon.
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-22-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-22-2017 01:59 PM
    I can barely break 10 GB! How'd you use 25 GB?
    That is all music streaming. All day at my desk and while on my commute to work I'm streaming music. I also stream on the weekends while at home if I'm doing house work and things. In addition to the occasional video on my phone.

I also do most of my app updates over cellular and my picture and video uploads to dropbox are done via mobile.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    03-22-2017 02:07 PM
    That is all music streaming. All day at my desk and while on my commute to work I'm streaming music. I also stream on the weekends while at home if I'm doing house work and things. In addition to the occasional video on my phone.

I also do most of my app updates over cellular and my picture and video uploads to dropbox are done via mobile.
    Awesome, I'll have to stream more then, thanks!
    03-22-2017 02:21 PM
    I watch at least 3 hours of political news every morning, in addition to my music streaming and podcasts throughout my workday. Under these circumstances, 70+ isn't so hard lol
    03-22-2017 03:52 PM

When you get old like me, you won't stream music so much.
    03-22-2017 04:31 PM
    I watch at least 3 hours of political news every morning, in addition to my music streaming and podcasts throughout my workday. Under these circumstances, 70+ isn't so hard lol
    This for sure. Any bit of HD video per day can rip through it fast!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-22-2017 05:26 PM
    I've run 30GB in just the 2 weeks since we switched. It's taken over as my primary internet. More reliable, and 4x as fast.
    TwitchyPuppy and Spencerdl like this.
    03-22-2017 05:33 PM
    I hit 32 GB this month. Cycle is up at midnight. Granted, I was pushing it to see what happened when I past 22.
    03-22-2017 05:57 PM
    When you get old like me, you won't stream music so much.
    Lol. What do old people do? Are there bingo apps?

J/k lol.
    03-22-2017 08:15 PM
    Lol. What do old people do? Are there bingo apps? í*½í¸

J/k lol.
    Probably. Words With Old Friends. Lol
    03-22-2017 08:25 PM
563 ... 1718192021 ...