Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Did you ask your friend about the 22 gb prioritizing? Is there a difference between that and throttling? Verizon has said it could slow data a little, but won't happen much and you won't likely notice.
    Exactly. Verizon isn't using the "throttling" effect, but instead a "prioritizing" effect, which means that if someone or some people are using the same tower at the exact same time as you and hasn't reached the 22gb allotment they would have priority. I'm curious how that's going to work and I guess I will see near the end of my cycle if I go over 22gb for the month.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 02-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    02-15-2017 05:06 PM
    Exactly. Verizon isn't using the "throttling" effect, but instead a "prioritizing" effect, which means that if someone or some people are using the same tower at the exact same time as you and hasn't reached the 22gb allotment they would have priority. I'm curious how that's going to work and I guess I will see near the end of my cycle if I go over 22gb for the month.
    Oh Lordy. I live in Montana. This is the plan for me!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-15-2017 05:31 PM
    Oh Lordy. I live in Montana. This is the plan for me!
    LOL ...me too. I live in the boonies of the Georgia wilderness...LOL
    blaine07 likes this.
    02-15-2017 05:32 PM
    I just wish the corporate discounts applied. I'd switch so quick if my 22% discount worked.
    DarlaMack and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-15-2017 05:47 PM
    I apologize for leaving a very important part out of the "prioritizing" effect comments, "it's only if that tower is at maximum capacity at that time" which is indeed rare. Ladies and Gentlemen...Verizon did it right.
    02-15-2017 05:47 PM
    I apologize for leaving a very important part out of the "prioritizing" effect comments, "it's only if that tower is at maximum capacity at that time" which is indeed rare. Ladies and Gentlemen...Verizon did it right.
    Isn't that how all the carriers handle their network prioritization? Or is there a difference among the carriers in this regard? I recall working at Sprint and that's how it was explained to us in the way Sprint handled it.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    02-15-2017 05:59 PM
    Isn't that how all the carriers handle their network prioritization? Or is there a difference among the carriers in this regard? I recall working at Sprint and that's how it was explained to us in the way Sprint handled it.
    The original question was concerning throttling vs prioritizing and how Verizon Unlimited Data plan is using a prioritizing effect instead of throttling. I'm not sure how Sprints unlimited plan works nowadays, but years ago when I had Sprints unlimited plan in NJ, I never had any type of "slow downs" so Sprint could be using the same method. That also makes me wonder why other carriers use throttling.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 02-15-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    02-15-2017 06:04 PM
    The pricing structure isn't something that will compel me to switch providers. It's just an annoyance. And you're right that companies shouldn't have to coddle to us based on what another company is doing. But they should consider it if they want to remain competitive. Otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created because Verizon would have never brought unlimited back. They didn't do it because they want to...they did it because they had to. Thanks to T Mobile.
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm loyal to what works and don't necessarily shop around especially when it comes to mobile carriers. It's too much of a headache. Yes t-mobile got all the carriers to add unlimited data but I honestly don't think any of them would have gone bankrupt if they hadn't....maybe Sprint LOL. For me, t-mobile would be 30% less than what I pay for 5 lines on Verizon, but it's not worth switching if the service sucks in about 80% of the places we go. The day Verizon stops working in the various cities I travel to, is the day I'll switch service. Can't risk it lol
    02-15-2017 09:07 PM
    I totally agree with you Nikki. It's been my experience that Verizon is one of the best if not the best mobile phone companies out there. It seems as though all other carriers are playing catch up with all different types of gimmicks to get you to come to their business. I feel that Verizon is very good at having many different options as a carrier. Verizon's unlimited data plan is definitely a game changer....again.
    I refuse to switch...even if my bill never goes down!! I gotta have service in BFE
    02-15-2017 09:16 PM
    They do the same with Safety Mode & I've never had any issue with speed when I go over my allotted data & I was in Boston last time I went over. So either everyone was over their allotment and I was prioritized ahead of the pack or Verizon's slow speeds are just the bomb.com It's pretty nice
    Spencerdl and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-15-2017 09:22 PM
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm loyal to what works and don't necessarily shop around especially when it comes to mobile carriers. It's too much of a headache. Yes t-mobile got all the carriers to add unlimited data but I honestly don't think any of them would have gone bankrupt if they hadn't....maybe Sprint LOL. For me, t-mobile would be 30% less than what I pay for 5 lines on Verizon, but it's not worth switching if the service sucks in about 80% of the places we go. The day Verizon stops working in the various cities I travel to, is the day I'll switch service. Can't risk it lol
    This. Exactly this. I do price shop but mostly just out of curiosity. I'm not sacrificing service to save a few bucks on my bill.
    02-15-2017 09:24 PM
    This. Exactly this. I do price shop but mostly just out of curiosity. I'm not sacrificing service to save a few bucks on my bill.
    Right...Sacrificing isn't an option!! I do like T-mobile's "fees" commercial LOL..it's hilarious because it's accurate but it doesn't make me want to switch. It just makes me want to watch the commercial again
    Spencerdl, cwbcpa and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-15-2017 09:29 PM
    I hear you. At the end of the day service is what matters. Pay for what works in the places you frequent. Lower prices mean nothing if you're not gaining. That's where the value comes in. But if T Mobile worked in all the places Verizon does AND they were a fair amount cheaper....I'd definitely make the switch. As consumers I feel we have to speak with our wallets. And if the competition is offering equal for less...I'll at least give them the chance to prove themselves. Otherwise, these companies would take advantage of us. Competition is great. If it were just AT&T and Verizon...we'd all be paying outrageous prices for these phones lol.

None of the companies would have gone bankrupt...but it's no surprise that T Mobile and Sprint were the only two carriers who posted gains in the 4th quarter last year. People are waking up. The race for the best network is closing and Verizon won't hold that lead forever. I'm personally excited and I love whats happening in wireless right now. In the end...we all win. Better plans, better data options, lower prices. Whats not to like about that? So long as Verizon has the network advantage...they've got my money. But once another carrier takes that top spot...I'm out if Verizon prices aren't competitive lol. It's not a hassle at all. I switched 4 lines from Sprint to Verizon earlier this year. Took me all of 10 minutes and a restore of my iPhone.
    nikkisharif and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-15-2017 09:55 PM
    (Trying not to cave)
    02-15-2017 11:14 PM
    Did anyone read this comparison...
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/unli...tmobile-2017-2
    I thought it was a good comparison and explanation.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-16-2017 01:21 AM
    Jerry Hildenbrand had a good comparison.

http://m.androidcentral.com/which-un...ile-or-verizon
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-16-2017 01:31 AM
    The thing to remember is it's 22 GB per line. I'm not sure about your usage, but no single line on my account was using more than 20 GB. So if your combined usage on the previous plan never really exceeded 25 GB, I don't see you noticing the prioritization of the 22 GB per line.

That is what my favorite part of this is. When the rep explained that it's not 22 GB for the entire account, instead it's per line.
    22GB per line is a huge difference. If we were getting close to our 24GB (total for all 3) it might be worth it but the $35 increase in cost isn't.
    02-16-2017 04:43 AM
    22GB per line is a huge difference. If we were getting close to our 24GB (total for all 3) it might be worth it but the $35 increase in cost isn't.
    22gb is not a restriction or limitation that automatically occurs each month. The prioritizing would not happen very often, and when it did you wouldn't notice it as you might when throttled.
    Spencerdl, Quis89 and nikkisharif like this.
    02-16-2017 06:34 AM
    I went to Verizon from sprint in late 2012 missed original unlimited an always went over my data cap. Roll around 2014 went to T-Mobile an hated it reception was almost none but it improved vastly over the last couple years in central Texas an finally was happy with them overall. But as soon as I get outside of a highway corridor or city area no service. Back on Verizon now unlimited an vet discount paying about 7$ more a month single line but i bet I can get service on the moon it feels like an I'm happy with it.
    02-16-2017 08:07 AM
    22gb is not a restriction or limitation that automatically occurs each month. The prioritizing would not happen very often, and when it did you wouldn't notice it as you might when throttled.
    This. I feel like I've read a lot of people discussing this plan across the internet and this 22 GB is being positioned as a limit. It really isn't. It just means there is a possibility our data will be placed at a lower priority. We probably wouldn't even notice it as you said. I think people are hung up on that caveat. But honestly, every unlimited plan offered by every carrier has something just like that. Sprint is 23 GB, T Mobile is 28 GB and AT&T is 22 GB. It's really nothing new.
    02-16-2017 08:11 AM
    I must admit that the Verizon Unlimited Data plans are not for everyone, but it sure is for me. I ended up saving $42.50 monthly, yes almost unbelievable, but after doing the math myself and then with three different Verizon reps...this savings is indeed correct. It doesn't get to much better than that.
    Quis89, nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    02-16-2017 09:16 AM
    I must admit that the Verizon Unlimited Data plans are not for everyone, but it sure is for me. I ended up saving $42.50 monthly, yes almost unbelievable, but after doing the math myself and then with three different Verizon reps...this savings is indeed correct. It doesn't get to much better than that.
    That's insane. Really can't pass that up!
    Spencerdl, nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    02-16-2017 09:19 AM
    That's insane. Really can't pass that up!
    Nope, not at all, and guess what....I didn't. LOL
    nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    02-16-2017 10:45 AM
    Bill would go up almost $50 if I switched to unlimited.
    robertk328 likes this.
    02-16-2017 11:35 AM
    I will be swapping from T-Mobile to Verizon tomorrow .
    02-16-2017 01:13 PM
563 ... 89101112 ...