Verizon wireless unlimited data plan

iphone229

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
So I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon. Cnet and other tech sites were reporting today that Verizon is going to start charging customers who have unlimited plans an additional $20 dollars a line. This sucks. Anyone else pissed off. If so is anyone who has the unlimited plan thinking of leaving Verizon. I'm thinking of jumping ship to another carrier. Been with Verizon for over 10 years.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Your not hurting anyone but yourself. If you want to leave then there are plenty of carriers out there. Me personally I left my unlimited plan years ago. Don't really need it anymore. And in a few years they will all be gone.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile and Sprint both offer unlimited while AT&T and Verizon are on tiered plans... i still have a grandfathered unlimited plan and yes i think it's bs just like I thought it was bs when they tried to throttle users who had unlimited and used over so much data

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The $20 hike can definitely hurt those wanting to hold onto those plans. If you use a lot of data it still benefits you more to stay on it though.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll pay the extra $ and as soon as I can jailbreak again I'm gonna tether any and everything I can to get the most out my soon to be $50 unltd data

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the other two cut you off to 2G and 3G speeds when you hit a certain GB usage so not its not actually unlimited.

I use about 25GB a month and have never been throttled. My friend (who is on my account) has gone up past 50GB and hasn't been throttled. So idk about Sprint, but T-Mobile has never held me back.

On a side note, there are A LOT more people on the grandfathered Verizon unlimited plans than VZW would want you to know. They make it seem like there's only a handful, it won't affect anyone, most people are already on newer plans. That's all just bs to cover their behinds. Verizon just wants to tack on some more $$ to those multi-billion dollar profits they see every year.

coldRooster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I use about 25GB a month and have never been throttled. My friend (who is on my account) has gone up past 50GB and hasn't been throttled. So idk about Sprint, but T-Mobile has never held me back.

On a side note, there are A LOT more people on the grandfathered Verizon unlimited plans than VZW would want you to know. They make it seem like there's only a handful, it won't affect anyone, most people are already on newer plans. That's all just bs to cover their behinds. Verizon just wants to tack on some more $$ to those multi-billion dollar profits they see every year.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...omers-who-hit-21-gb-ok-under-net-n/2015-06-25 T-Mobile

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...avy-users-to-avoid-net-neutrality-complaints/
So Sprint updated theirs to where they no longer throttle unlimited data but cap video streaming to 600kbps which still sucks.

And no there are not "A LOT" more people on the unlimited plans.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile: Throttling policy for unlimited customers who hit 21 GB is OK under net neutrality - FierceWireless T-Mobile

Sprint stops throttling heavy users to avoid net neutrality complaints | Ars Technica
So Sprint updated theirs to where they no longer throttle unlimited data but cap video streaming to 600kbps which still sucks.

And no there are not "A LOT" more people on the unlimited plans.

Thanks for the link. I didn't go to it though since I know my experience is that I'm not throttled, same goes for my other lines.

Also, there is. Source: Worked for Verizon not too long ago and unlimited customers were numerous, to say the least. Out of every, say, hundred we'd see every day, an easy 15-20 still had unlimited and were holding onto it for dear life. They'd find way stop upgrade, no matter what.

coldRooster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I didn't go to it though since I know my experience is that I'm not throttled, same goes for my other lines.

Also, there is. Source: Worked for Verizon not too long ago and unlimited customers were numerous, to say the least. Out of every, say, hundred we'd see every day, an easy 15-20 still had unlimited and were holding onto it for dear life. They'd find way stop upgrade, no matter what.

I work for Verizon and I see maybe 2 a month in a very busy store.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I work for Verizon and I see maybe 2 a month in a very busy store.
Why would you see us? We can't get any break on a new vzw phone purchase so we buy from best buy or apple or used. A lot of udp avoid vzw reps like the plague because we fear losing udp.

coldRooster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Why would you see us? We can't get any break on a new vzw phone purchase so we buy from best buy or apple or used. A lot of udp avoid vzw reps like the plague because we fear losing udp.

Usually billing stuff. And they just changed it for you. You can now upgrade in store on device payment without losing your unlimited data.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
But still no subsidized phones right? Iphone 6splus 64 gb prohibitively expensive.

BTW - I have another thread but you would know - can I take a tmobile iphone to vzw? What is Asurion deductible for iphone 6splus? Thanks.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
There is one benefit to this price hike and 2 ways that can help offset the $20 price hike.

The benefit of the price hike allows grandfathered UDP to finally have a option to get Verizon device payment plan after the next billing cycle following November 15th without losing the UDP. For example, my billing cycle ends Nov. 10th.So on I must wait till Dec. 10th to get a new device without losing the UDP. Anyone who attempts to get a device payment plan before the next billing cycle will forfeit their UDP. So be very careful and don't trust any Verizon rep!!

2 ways to offset or avoid the $20 UDP price hike.

1.) convert your residential wireless plan into a business line. All you need is your business tax ID and a minimum of 5 employee lines and you're excempt from the $20 price hike. If you're unemployed you're out of luck. It took me 10 minutes to set this up.

2.) Employee discount. If your company uses Verizon or if you have a friend who gets Verizon discount they can add you via email confirmation. I should have done this earlier but I get 20% off on my line ($7 discount) and data plan $(6 discount.) $13 discount every month. So a $7 increase is not too shabby.

My Final bill dropped from $69.98 to $56.98 as well as being excempt from the UDP price hike. It's perfectly legit and legal and you save big bucks! Good luck and if you find any other ways to save money and stick it to Verizon please share!!

miket222

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
We just switched to T-Mobile. 4 lines with 10GB each, no sharing. Also unused data banks over to the next month. No data is used for streaming music and soon for video also. Reception is better where we live than any of our previous carriers.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
We just switched to T-Mobile. 4 lines with 10GB each, no sharing. Also unused data banks over to the next month. No data is used for streaming music and soon for video also. Reception is better where we live than any of our previous carriers.
Can you watch netflix in 1080p?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR