I use very little data, so I gave it up and for 5 people on my phone plan, the savings was significant
    04-01-2016 08:53 AM
    Verizon is losing money on the unlimited plans so of course they would stop offering subsidized phones. Second $50 for unlimited on Verizon network without throttling is still a steal. They are still losing money. Also for iPhone users you can now get the new iPhone every year, so on the device payment program you are paying half the retail cost and then you can upgrade.
    But you can't keep your old phone. That matters for many who like to keep the previous phone as back up. I'm not in such a hurry to upgrade each year. I'd rather pay the entire amount over 24 months and keep the phone.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-01-2016 10:20 AM
    AT&T and Verizon don't offer unlimited data. Only people that may still have the plan are grandfathered in.
    11-22-2016 10:16 PM
    But you can't keep your old phone. That matters for many who like to keep the previous phone as back up. I'm not in such a hurry to upgrade each year. I'd rather pay the entire amount over 24 months and keep the phone.
    Just get the device protection plan,and then you won't need to worry about a back up device. Plus on the upside should you need to use insurance you'll replace it with a like quality device as opposed to using a back up and having to step down to an older lower quality device....
    11-23-2016 12:30 AM
    Just get the device protection plan,and then you won't need to worry about a back up device. Plus on the upside should you need to use insurance you'll replace it with a like quality device as opposed to using a back up and having to step down to an older lower quality device....
    IDK about you, but spending $10 a month or whatever it was for insurance PLUS having a huge deductible was a waste for me. iPhones are cheaper buying one off Amazon when you factor the cost of the insurance plus the deductible.
    12-12-2016 02:31 PM
    AT&T and Verizon don't offer unlimited data. Only people that may still have the plan are grandfathered in.
    AT&T does if you have their DirecTV/U-Verse TV service.
    12-21-2016 12:05 PM
    I have never had to file a claim and I can understand what is being charged if something were to happen but it beats paying retail and the insurance replacement is usually a good device. You don't know what you are getting from a website. Like having ins on car, expensive to replace. I like knowing I have the protection. Smartphones are expensive . I never carried ins until I began using Blackberry back in the day. And if your device is stolen, you will have a replacement within 24 hours.
    01-17-2017 02:07 AM
    ATT isn't truly unlimited with DirectTv. It's throttled after 22GB.
    01-17-2017 11:25 PM
    ATT isn't truly unlimited with DirectTv. It's throttled after 22GB.
    All unlimited plans are throttled at some point but only during congestion. Same with the AT&T plan -- during congestion.
    02-19-2017 01:48 AM
34 12