Verizon to T-Mobile now thinking about going back to Verizon

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I had VZW for about 8+yrs and their coverage and CSR was very good. Pricing a little high but very happy with the Co. Last week had the run around and was treated very badly. (i had 1 yr left on contract). I checked out the coverage and plans for T-Mobile and it was very good. Switched last Monday. Ported # over and everything seemed good. WiFi caling at home was awesome. VZW reception wasn't that good at home. (One of the reasons I switched). After using the T-Mobile IP6 for 5 days I've noticed reception isn't no where like VZW. Sometimes driving in my area it goes to Edge service. I think I want to go back to VZW.

I want to port my # back over to VZW. I traded in my old VZW IP6 to T-Mobile to get a great deal. So now I would need to get a new IP. I know I can cancel my service with T-Mobile (14 day exhange). What would be the process. I would need to pay my ETF with VZW and any outstanding balance (last bill) right? Should I get the IP6 or IP6S? After VZW ports my number over, then I go to T-Mobile to cancel service. Would T-Mobile give me back any money I put down or paid to them for the service during the 14 day warranty.

EDIT: I just checked my VZW account and it still shows my account and phone # is still active on VZW. I should be able to get an IP6 with VZW and just cancel my sevrice with T-Mobile right?
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you Fully pay off the T-Mobile phone and make sure they fully unlock it... It's possible Verizon can activate that phone on your Verizon accounts.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
You can change your mind within 30 days and Verizon will re-activate your line(s) and waive the ETF fees. T-mobile will refund your money within the 14 days, minus probably a restocking fee for the phone(s).

Your main problem will be having a phone to use on Verizon. Since you mentioned you had an ETF with Verizon, you probably aren't due for an upgrade. You'd have to buy a phone at retail, or open another line and use that phone. Either way its doable, but its going to cost you money one way or another.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you might be available for the Edge program that Verizon have to get a new phone

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Check this out... Verizon asks FCC for waiver to enable Wi-Fi calling features

I had VZW for about 8+yrs and their coverage and CSR was very good. Pricing a little high but very happy with the Co. Last week had the run around and was treated very badly. (i had 1 yr left on contract). I checked out the coverage and plans for T-Mobile and it was very good. Switched last Monday. Ported # over and everything seemed good. WiFi caling at home was awesome. VZW reception wasn't that good at home. (One of the reasons I switched). After using the T-Mobile IP6 for 5 days I've noticed reception isn't no where like VZW. Sometimes driving in my area it goes to Edge service. I think I want to go back to VZW.

I want to port my # back over to VZW. I traded in my old VZW IP6 to T-Mobile to get a great deal. So now I would need to get a new IP. I know I can cancel my service with T-Mobile (14 day exhange). What would be the process. I would need to pay my ETF with VZW and any outstanding balance (last bill) right? Should I get the IP6 or IP6S? After VZW ports my number over, then I go to T-Mobile to cancel service. Would T-Mobile give me back any money I put down or paid to them for the service during the 14 day warranty.

EDIT: I just checked my VZW account and it still shows my account and phone # is still active on VZW. I should be able to get an IP6 with VZW and just cancel my sevrice with T-Mobile right?
Thanks in advance!!

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
You should try the iPhone 6s the reason i say that is the newer iPhone has band 12 which means there new freq which can travel further and such the iPhone 6 does not have this.. Thats worth a try and also with mobile if your not happy you can cancel service and keep paying them for that phone and they will unlock and you can bring to verizon that phone which means no contract on verizon..

Thanks in advance!!

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with T-Mobile I live a larger city and have great coverage with Verizon but as soon as I switched over to T-Mobile my wife and I weren't able to get reception in most areas. T-Mobile's coverage is so spotty. Why do you think they are trying to get customers by offering all this free data for streaming can't stream if your on edge network.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with T-Mobile I live a larger city and have great coverage with Verizon but as soon as I switched over to T-Mobile my wife and I weren't able to get reception in most areas. T-Mobile's coverage is so spotty. Why do you think they are trying to get customers by offering all this free data for streaming can't stream if your on edge network.

I switched from Sprint to Verizon back in September, giving up unlimited data and increasing my monthly bill. I couldn't be happier. You get what you pay for. Honestly, we wouldn't own iPhones if we didn't believe in that statement.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Sprint to Verizon back in September, giving up unlimited data and increasing my monthly bill. I couldn't be happier. You get what you pay for. Honestly, we wouldn't own iPhones if we didn't believe in that statement.

I did the same switch back in 2012. I can't even imagine having Sprint with all the traveling I do. Best decision I've made.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods