Traveling to Thailand

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am planning an upcoming vacation to Thailand and have been trying to figure out if my iPhone 6 will work there. It's model a1549 and I seem to find conflicting reports. Some sources say no while others say I can pop in a Thai carrier's sim and it'll work. Can anyone provide clarity?

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
What won't work is LTE ( on a Thai Sim card). What will work is Voice calls and 3G Data, provided your phone is unlocked and you plan to use a local simcard. If you plan on subscribing to International Roaming, then there should be no issue whatsoever in your home number and phone working in Thailand.

Thailand's DTAC and TrueMove use different LTE bands than your model's Bands.

More details here:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fiphone%2FLTE%2F&token=ZhNTCVb8

DikaiaKnight

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks with the reply. Not too concerned with LTE, don't plan to use data much if at all while on wireless so the 3G should be fine. I Believe that Verizon will unlock phones for international travel, does that sound right?

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks with the reply. Not too concerned with LTE, don't plan to use data much if at all while on wireless so the 3G should be fine. I Believe that Verizon will unlock phones for international travel, does that sound right?

I was considering you had the GSM version. The Verizon version (unlocked), surely works for voice calls on a GSM network's sim card, though not sure if 3G will work.
A lot of Verizon unlocked phones, when used in India, get 3G on some service provider and EDGE data on others.

But voice calls will work for sure and so will data on wi-fi.

As for phones sold by Verizon, I believe they are factory unlocked in the first place, but I am not sure on this.

Yang Cheng

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I was considering you had the GSM version. The Verizon version (unlocked), surely works for voice calls on a GSM network's sim card, though not sure if 3G will work.
A lot of Verizon unlocked phones, when used in India, get 3G on some service provider and EDGE data on others.

But voice calls will work for sure and so will data on wi-fi.

As for phones sold by Verizon, I believe they are factory unlocked in the first place, but I am not sure on this.

Please help!! next month I will travel to Thailand. I have s7 edge with Verizon.Do my phone work with Thai service?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Please help!! next month I will travel to Thailand. I have s7 edge with Verizon.Do my phone work with Thai service?

iMore is a forum that covers Apple devices such as the iPhone. For Android related questions, you should head over to the forums at AndroidCentral.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods