Can anyone explain what a carrier update is?

frozzy24

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got a pop up to Update carrier settings. Can anyone explain what this is? Of course I tapped cancel a couple of times, googled it and found that it's legit, I just don't know what it's about.

Maybe I should have looked harder for an explanation, lol.

I should say, that I have a 5C and my phone is updated to the most recent iOS.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Carrier update

Carrier Settings updates are OK... and at times necessary... Go ahead and do it... It can be that the carrier has some default settings that control how your phone connects to the provider's network that need tweaking... or it could be to enable something like wifi calling or Voice over LTE...

Last edited:

frozzy24

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Carrier Settings updates are OK... and at times necessary... do ahead and do it... It can be that the carrier has some default settings that control how your phone connects to the provider's network that need tweaking... or it could be to enable something like wifi calling or Voice over LTE...

Thanks so much. 👍

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It's ok. I did a carrier update a few weeks ago. That was the first time I remember seeing that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Got one for AT&T on my iPhone 6 yesterday. Nothing on my 6 Plus so far.

I noticed my LTE connection in certain places being less reliable than before the carrier update that came out around last month. Hopefully this new uodate boosts LTE back to how it was for me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Carrier updates aren't always 'global'... more often than not, they are more location oriented...specific markets...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Beeeeezarre......I'm AT&Tand I still didn't get one.
I'm unloved and unwanted.....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I've never seen a Verizon update.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Really? I haven't got one.

Got one for AT&T on my iPhone 6 yesterday. Nothing on my 6 Plus so far.

I noticed my LTE connection in certain places being less reliable than before the carrier update that came out around last month. Hopefully this new uodate boosts LTE back to how it was for me.

I never got a notification for the update. I just went to settings>general>about and the option showed up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox