Where is the option to initiate the Advanced Calling 1.0 Video Calling feature?

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried video calling on the VoLTE advanced calling 1.0 yet? When calling a friend's Galaxy S5 it shows that we are connected w/ an HD call but there is no option for video calling. Per Verizon websites and other news sites it shows that video calling should be available...any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you confirming that there is no video camera icon next to your friend who has the Galaxy S5 in your contact list? I'm *assuming* the icons will be similar to those of whom you can FaceTime with.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct. There is no video icon next to his name on my phone and there isn't one next to my name in his contact list.

I only have an iPhone 5 so my next recommendation may seem foolish, but hey, I'm trying to help...:)...Anyway, go to Settings - Cellular and see if there's an option to enable VOLTE and maybe a sub-setting of some sort that may help matters.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I only have an iPhone 5 so my next recommendation may seem foolish, but hey, I'm trying to help...:)...Anyway, go to Settings - Cellular and see if there's an option to enable VOLTE and maybe a sub-setting of some sort that may help matters.

I’m on AT&T, so my settings may not reflect what’s available on a VZW phone, but the only options I have for Settings > Cellular have to do with turning Cellular Data [ON | OFF], Data Roaming [ON | OFF], setting up a Personal Hotspot and Enable LTE > [OFF | Data Only | Voice & Data].

Not sure how the Enable LTE setting would impact video calling, though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m on AT&T, so my settings may not reflect what’s available on a VZW phone, but the only options I have for Settings > Cellular have to do with turning Cellular Data [ON | OFF], Data Roaming [ON | OFF], setting up a Personal Hotspot and Enable LTE > [OFF | Data Only | Voice & Data].

Not sure how the Enable LTE setting would impact video calling, though.

Thanks, HankAZ. Via VZW, the setting *should* appear as depicted in the above screenshots. I don't have an iPhone 6 to confirm it, though...:)

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to get video calling to work on the iPhone 6? Found this at the bottom of the Verizon VOLTE page. Im guessing this would be baked into the software and Apple wouldn't allow it. So you wouldn't be able to initiate a video call over VOLTE to or from an iPhone 6 or 6 plus. You can find the article I referenced here (look at the bottom at the FAQ) Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Customers who add HD Voice and have a Video Calling-capable phone are eligible for Video Calling. Currently, this Advanced Calling 1.0 feature is not supported on iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep. After calling Apple I received the same info. Like I tried telling verizon it would have to be in the phones hardware / software which it is not. This basically created an Android Facetime and only added the voLTE and HD calling for iphome users :)

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
That being said, VoLTE on the iPhone 6 plus is nice when it works. Definitely better voice quality. But you have to be in a good LTE spot to make use of it. Looking forward to WiFi calling next year too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR