Verizon question? Ask a rep!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I traded two phones in and they only want the phone. Kinda cool I was able to keep the cables. I can never have too many

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks for everyone's help.
I traded in my 4S for a credit toward my new 5S.
All they wanted was the device: no charger or cable.
Good Luck

thepsychorabbit

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey just by chance you're on my wife is having a problem with her iphone 5. She is loosing the text notification sounds for some people. Any ideas as to why? Thank you.

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Neurodave, question for you if I may: don't want to lose the coveted unlimited data, and I understand Verizon will take trade-ins. I was in the store today, and the rep said they'd give me $325 for my current iPhone 5 because of the condition it's in. However, we were talking new plans and contracts at the time.

Question: would Verizon honor a trade in like that if I wanted to put it toward the full retail price? I know the $325 would come in the form of a gift card, but they say you can use it on just about anything in the store. I'd like to use it to cut the retail price on a new phone in half, and keep my unlimited data.

Is the trade in only for new contracts/Edge or would they do this?

Thanks very much for your time and offering your knowledge and background on the forum!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Bill Brown7

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. There is severe lack of throughput on VZW LTE in downtown Richmond, VA. I have emailed and notified customer service numerous times. Download speeds on LTE are frequently less than 1 Mbps with a Ping of sometimes 200-400 ms, web pages don't load, and streaming video is absolutely out of the question. MLB.tv, for instance, always returns a message about inadequate network and flips to audio stream only. Daily I have to disable LTE and try to get slow loading of pages through 3G. This is not a marginal signal or coverage area, I am at the intersection of Broad Street and I-95, 1/4 mile from the state capital. I typically have 3-4 bars or dots, and the iphone5 reads from -86 to -102 dbm sometimes. The later is not a strong signal but I have that at home and can measure 4 - 12 Mbps download on the "Speedtest" web site, but I use my home network and wi-fi of course, I just test for comparison. Using the same test site at downtown Richmond locations yields results from <1 Mbps to sometimes 2 to 4 Mbps briefly, and then back to 300 - 800 kbps. Hardly worth the very high cost of data for 2 devices.

5 or 6 miles out of downtown the LTE throughput is better, but I don't need the LTE there or at home, where I spend most of my time and pay $$ for is to have data service in downtown Richmond, and most times the VZW LTE is unusable. Please help. VZW is collecting a golden stream of money from state employees and providing little service in return.

This is tremendously frustrating and when I see a VZW commercial on TV I want to throw things at the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh