Verizon question? Ask a rep!

stonerman33

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
In your scenario, it is not possible if it's only you and your girlfriend on the account and both of you have unlimited data. The only way around it, is if you buy the phone full price and do a device swap.

If this person were to add a third line with an iPhone, they should be able to swap a dumb phone onto that line and take the iPhone to another line, just be sure to drop the data plan afterwards. The GF and I have 3 lines between us, mainly for the extra upgrade, but we keep the dumb phone handy for an extended weekend camping where an iPhone proves mostly useless.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So I'm confused, can I do the dummy line "trick" on my 2 line family plan or not? My contract is up in 9 days, I got to figure out what to do.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So I'm confused, can I do the dummy line "trick" on my 2 line family plan or not? My contract is up in 9 days, I got to figure out what to do.

Answered you on your thread. Sorry for the late response, I have been neglecting the online world. The holiday shopping season is hectic!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Photon4glover

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay my girlfriend is on a family plan with her (smartphone) and 2 parents (dumb phones) she wants to upgrade but isn't eligible for an upgrade for a while. Both her parents have an upgrade, I asked a Verizon rep and he said she could transfer an upgrade from dumb phone to smart phone, anyone care to chime in? I don't want them to mess up her parents plans. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay my girlfriend is on a family plan with her (smartphone) and 2 parents (dumb phones) she wants to upgrade but isn't eligible for an upgrade for a while. Both her parents have an upgrade, I asked a Verizon rep and he said she could transfer an upgrade from dumb phone to smart phone, anyone care to chime in? I don't want them to mess up her parents plans. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can. Those are called alternate upgrades and are rather common. Just keep in mind the dumb phones contract is extended, not the smartphones.

DCIFRTHS

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to determine if Verizon's Network Extender can be locked down so that no other Verizon customers, besides myself, can connect to it. Do you have first hand experience with this? If so, would you explain to me how this works?

I know that there is a "priority list" that allows numbers you enter to have privileged access to the open channels, but this is not what I am looking to do - I want to block anyone from accessing it unless I have given them access.

If the unit can be locked down, does this also apply to 911 calls from unauthorized users?

If this can be done, how is it accomplished? I downloaded the manual, and there is no information addressing this issue.

Thanks!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have a VZ 4S & due for an upgrade.
Can I upgrade to a 5S AND trade in my 4S on the VZ website?
If so do I also have to include the charger with the trade in?
TIA

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
What are the advantages to leaving Sprint to get on with Verizon. I'm currently under the Sprint blanket (Subsidiary).

Also, Do you think Verizon will ever go back to offering unlimited data plans?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What are the advantages to leaving Sprint to get on with Verizon. I'm currently under the Sprint blanket (Subsidiary).

Also, Do you think Verizon will ever go back to offering unlimited data plans?

One advantage of Verizon is native owned/operated coverage area... chances are, any time you're not on a Sprint tower, you're on a Verizon tower... and Verizon will not go back to Unlimited data - too much $$ in overage charges...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
One advantage of Verizon is native owned/operated coverage area... chances are, any time you're not on a Sprint tower, you're on a Verizon tower... and Verizon will not go back to Unlimited data - too much $$ in overage charges...

That's the only thing that keeps me from jumping ship. Yeah, Sprint roams on Verizon. I'm on a subsidiary though, so no roaming for me. Do you like working for Verizon? I work for Boost Mobile.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a VZ 4S & due for an upgrade.
Can I upgrade to a 5S AND trade in my 4S on the VZ website?
If so do I also have to include the charger with the trade in?
TIA

I don't know about the other thing but I didn't have to trade in a cord when I traded my iPhone in a corporate store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal