Verizon question? Ask a rep!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I see a lot of you have Verizon Wireless here in the US. If you have any questions about absolutely anything relating to VZW and its devices, feel free to post them on here. I am a manager for VZW and I have been around for quite some time, so you can say I know a thing or two.

I have also worked at Sprint, so I can do my best to tackle any questions relating to them as well.

Let em rip!

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you please advise if the "Max" plan is worth it? 6GB for $30 per month? I use only 2GB or so a month, but apparently have to sign up for the Edge plan to get this deal. Can I get Max without Edge??

And thank you!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you please advise if the "Max" plan is worth it? 6GB for $30 per month? I use only 2GB or so a month, but apparently have to sign up for the Edge plan to get this deal. Can I get Max without Edge??

And thank you!

No that plan is edge only

mdlissner

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the support and I do have an account question that you might be able to help me with.

- I have two lines on a share everything account. One line is a smartphone and one is jetpack.
- I upgraded the smartphone line to a Samsung Galaxy S4 in July.
- The Jetpack is done with its contract - full two years since the upgrade.

I want to get an iPhone 5S, but the systems will not let me use the Jetpack line to buy a phone.
I can add another line to get the no contract pricing.

If I add another line, activate the iPhone 5S on the new number and then cancel the Jetpack line can I do the following the next hour/day after.
- Move the iPhone 5S to the primary line where I have the Samsung Galaxy S4
- Move the Jetpack to the new number I bought the iPhone 5S under

jrcase

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a space grey 16GB 5s on Friday 9/22 on the Verizon website. The order status still says it will ship by 10/21. Is that always accurate or will I probably get it sooner? What has been typical for receiving them lately?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a space grey 16GB 5s on Friday 9/22 on the Verizon website. The order status still says it will ship by 10/21. Is that always accurate or will I probably get it sooner? What has been typical for receiving them lately?

Many orders have been coming in ahead of schedule. A lot of the pre-orders we did at my location which had an estimated arrival date of 10/7, have begun arriving this week. With that being said, keep a look out for the shipment confirmation email from Verizon. I'd be willing to bet you'll get one by late next week, if not sooner.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the support and I do have an account question that you might be able to help me with.

- I have two lines on a share everything account. One line is a smartphone and one is jetpack.
- I upgraded the smartphone line to a Samsung Galaxy S4 in July.
- The Jetpack is done with its contract - full two years since the upgrade.

I want to get an iPhone 5S, but the systems will not let me use the Jetpack line to buy a phone.
I can add another line to get the no contract pricing.

If I add another line, activate the iPhone 5S on the new number and then cancel the Jetpack line can I do the following the next hour/day after.
- Move the iPhone 5S to the primary line where I have the Samsung Galaxy S4
- Move the Jetpack to the new number I bought the iPhone 5S under

Here is a better idea for you, one I have done here at my store as well (but be weary, not every rep will be willing to do this)

1. Find an extra phone, whether it be an old one you had (that is deactivated) or borrow one from a friend.
2. Do a device swap on the Jetpack line
3. Now you can upgrade the Jetpack Line to the iPhone 5s, at the discounted rate
4. Then swap the iPhone 5s to your line, and put the Jetpack back on where it was

Voila! Problem solved.

Good luck!

jrcase

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Many orders have been coming in ahead of schedule. A lot of the pre-orders we did at my location which had an estimated arrival date of 10/7, have begun arriving this week. With that being said, keep a look out for the shipment confirmation email from Verizon. I'd be willing to bet you'll get one by late next week, if not sooner.

Thank you!

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was told today by a service rep that Vz will do away with unlimited data, even those that are grandfathered in. Is that true? I just bought my phone outright

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If one of my lines contract is up on 10/14 can I port out now or do I have to wait till the 14th?

You can port out any time you want... but, you may be subject to Early Termination Fees... and will owe for any partial month service, and any previously un-billed roaming, overage, or anything billed to your account...

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I understand I can anytime. But I want to know if I port out 5 days early will the trigger an ETF or will it not since they are going to bill me till the end of my cycle anyway.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was told today by a service rep that Vz will do away with unlimited data, even those that are grandfathered in. Is that true? I just bought my phone outright

This is untrue. If you are grandfathered in, you are in the safe zone. Seems to me that rep may have been trying to get you to renew your contract.

I understand I can anytime. But I want to know if I port out 5 days early will the trigger an ETF or will it not since they are going to bill me till the end of my cycle anyway.

You would have to wait until the day that your contract ends. Otherwise, the system will automatically deem you as not completing the contract, and it'll automatically generate an ETF.

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This is untrue. If you are grandfathered in, you are in the safe zone. Seems to me that rep may have been trying to get you to renew your contract.

Thanks. I feel a lot better!

You would have to wait until the day that your contract ends. Otherwise, the system will automatically deem you as not completing the contract, and it'll automatically generate an ETF.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

It should be noted that the ETF would be negligible if your really jonesing to port out. A few days shouldn't cost much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods