So I have finally reached my limit with my horrid Sprint service and I am going to make the switch when the new iPhone is released. I am 99% sure I am going to go with Verizon as they have great coverage in my area and I think they have the best deal for what I need. my question is the service the same on prepaid as it is on contract? I know the obvious that I will have to pay the retail price but other than that is there any difference? I truly only need my line and a line for my mother (basic flip phone) and the cost would be $100 for both vs on contract $130. Another consideration is that I currently allow my friend a line on my account but she pays for her line so my price would still be the same possibly $10 more if we went with the 6gb since we have to share data. Just not the $30/$40 more a month is worth it if the service is the same. Thank you for your help
    08-21-2013 01:59 PM
    Coverage off Verizon's network will be different on prepaid vs contract - some areas will have roaming partners for contract Verizon, where pre-paid may have no service... so if you're frequently traveling to areas where Verizon service is fringe - you might notice issues.
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-21-2013 02:18 PM
    Here's a link to Verizon's coverage locator. Tap on the prepaid circle and input your zip code. This will give you an idea of the difference between their prepaid and on contract coverage in your area. http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/do...veragelocator/

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-21-2013 02:31 PM
    Coverage off Verizon's network will be different on prepaid vs contract - some areas will have roaming partners for contract Verizon, where pre-paid may have no service... so if you're frequently traveling to areas where Verizon service is fringe - you might notice issues.
    Thank you!
    08-21-2013 02:40 PM
    Here's a link to Verizon's coverage locator. Tap on the prepaid circle and input your zip code. This will give you an idea of the difference between their prepaid and on contract coverage in your area. Coverage Locator

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, I don't really put much thought into those maps as Sprint's say i have fantastic coverage and I can attest to the exact opposite. All of my friends with VZW have no coverage issues I but I don't know anyone with prepaid service so I thought maybe some of the lovely users here have a comparison. What the previous user mentioned was my initial thoughts on it though so I think I will be going with contract devices. Thank you so much for your help
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-21-2013 02:43 PM