Hi everyone. To make a long story short, my wife and I received our iPhone 5's this week. I ordered them off of the Verizon website last week. When I ordered them, I selected the Share Everything Plan with the 2GB data package. I was an "Unlimited Data" customer prior to this. When I received the new phones, I called in to have them activated. The woman who answered was very nice and activated both phones. Before I hung up, she asked me if I wanted to move to a share everything plan. I informed her that I already did this on Verizon's site when I ordered the phones. She checked my plan and said that nothing has changed. She then informed me that I am still classified as an "Unlimited Data Customer." She then told me that she recommends that I keep my Unlimited Data until they force me to change but if I wanted to, I could change it to a Share Everything Plan. I sort of chuckled and said that I would leave it as is.

I have been checking my online bill and it appears that what she is saying is true. I still show up as being an Unlimited Customer. Has this happened to any of you? Does anyone know when the deadline is for everyone to be off of their Unlimited Data Plans?

Any recommendations on what I should do? Should I keep paying the 30 per month or should I just call back, fess up and move to the shared plan? In all reality, Verizon isn't losing any money on letting me stay Unlimited but I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and have a good day!
    04-19-2013 01:13 PM
    Hi everyone. To make a long story short, my wife and I received our iPhone 5's this week. I ordered them off of the Verizon website last week. When I ordered them, I selected the Share Everything Plan with the 2GB data package. I was an "Unlimited Data" customer prior to this. When I received the new phones, I called in to have them activated. The woman who answered was very nice and activated both phones. Before I hung up, she asked me if I wanted to move to a share everything plan. I informed her that I already did this on Verizon's site when I ordered the phones. She checked my plan and said that nothing has changed. She then informed me that I am still classified as an "Unlimited Data Customer." She then told me that she recommends that I keep my Unlimited Data until they force me to change but if I wanted to, I could change it to a Share Everything Plan. I sort of chuckled and said that I would leave it as is.

I have been checking my online bill and it appears that what she is saying is true. I still show up as being an Unlimited Customer. Has this happened to any of you? Does anyone know when the deadline is for everyone to be off of their Unlimited Data Plans?

Any recommendations on what I should do? Should I keep paying the 30 per month or should I just call back, fess up and move to the shared plan? In all reality, Verizon isn't losing any money on letting me stay Unlimited but I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and have a good day!
    Seems to me you are being ligit and so is VZW... No harm no foul as far as I can see. Let it stand until they tell you different. At least you are not being dishonest.
    04-19-2013 01:25 PM
    Did you get a subsidized phone or pay full price? They will let you keep unlimited if you pay full retail.
    04-19-2013 11:42 PM
    Did you get a subsidized phone or pay full price? They will let you keep unlimited if you pay full retail.
    I got the two year price on both phones. I'm just going to leave it as is until they force me out of it.
    04-19-2013 11:54 PM