Will Apple/Verizon replace this phone?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So only people who live in cities where there are apple stores get service on their devices? Lots of cities don't have apple stores.

I didn't say that. Obviously you can get service over the phone and they will do it through the mail.

But if you happen to live an Apple Store and can visit in person there is the chance the genius will sell you one at the subsidized price. I've witnessed it at least twice personally. They have discretion in person that over the phone just will not work.

Don't type words for me please.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
They have discretion in person that over the phone just will not work.
If the reps instore can do it, I am certain the reps on the phone can do it, too.

I know it is different because it is a carrier and not a manufacturer, but with verizon, I find the phone reps to be far more accommodating than the in-store reps.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello; One of the iPhone 5s on my business account suffered a badly cracked screen a few weeks ago. I do not have insurance on this phone and had decided to live with it. Yesterday, the phone started having battery life problems, losing charge quickly. If I contact verizon, will they ship out a replacement since it is under one year old and having battery problems even though it has a cracked screen? Thanks!

Isn't it covered by your business? Have them send you a replacement phone.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Your have a iPhone 5, not a iPhone 5s as it is not out yet or confirmed it will be called that....

2. Damaged to the device does not warrant a replacement.. You can have it repaired by Apple. But it will cost you.

"One of the iPhone 5s" was indicating that the company had multiple phones of the iPhone 5 variety. Adding the 's' at the end of words is a common occurrence in the English language.

Was it really necessary to be condescending to one of your posters?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"One of the iPhone 5s" was indicating that the company had multiple phones of the iPhone 5 variety. Adding the 's' at the end of words is a common occurrence in the English language.

Was it really necessary to be condescending to one of your posters?

The OP clearly explained that already at the beginning of the thread.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So only people who live in cities where there are apple stores get service on their devices? Lots of cities don't have apple stores.

No, but there is something about being there in person and looking sad at the Apple Store folks that gets things done and that rarely happens over the phone. Just human nature. Nothing to get upset about.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it covered by your business? Have them send you a replacement phone.

My sister has a work provided phone. If she breaks it, she pays for it, not the company otherwise they'd be up to their eyeballs in debt because every employee would be throwing their phones off bridges as soon as the newest phone is released.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The OP clearly explained that already at the beginning of the thread.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

I get annoyed with that one particular staff member because I rarely see anything other than that style of post.

Realistically, the OP was clear to anyone that read the original post.

ashykat

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Trust me. It'll be $229 + tax to replace the device unless you have AppleCare+, in which case it'll be $49. They don't offer screen replacement service on the iPhone 5 at this point. You'll need to make sure your device is backed up to iCloud or iTunes before you get the device swapped, because they cannot transfer your information at the store. You'll need to be on Wi-Fi to restore from an iCloud backup. They won't cover any third party accessories, such as screen protectors. Make an appointment online before visiting so that you don't have to worry about availability. Make sure you know your Apple ID and password, if you need to reset it, visit iforgot.apple.com.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Your have a iPhone 5, not a iPhone 5s as it is not out yet or confirmed it will be called that....

2. Damaged to the device does not warrant a replacement.. You can have it repaired by Apple. But it will cost you.

He was stating that he has more than one iPhone 5. I'm pretty sure that he knows theres no iPhone 5s yet.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Trust me. It'll be $229 + tax to replace the device unless you have AppleCare+, in which case it'll be $49. They don't offer screen replacement service on the iPhone 5 at this point.
What if he told them he doesn't want the screen replaced, just the battery fixed?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Trust me. It'll be $229 + tax to replace the device unless you have AppleCare+, in which case it'll be $49. They don't offer screen replacement service on the iPhone 5 at this point. You'll need to make sure your device is backed up to iCloud or iTunes before you get the device swapped, because they cannot transfer your information at the store. You'll need to be on Wi-Fi to restore from an iCloud backup. They won't cover any third party accessories, such as screen protectors. Make an appointment online before visiting so that you don't have to worry about availability. Make sure you know your Apple ID and password, if you need to reset it, visit iforgot.apple.com.

Will not, maybe. But they most definitely can.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW