I think it is, but the problem is that I don't see our wireless services prices going down.

How do you see this all playing out in the future?
    04-13-2013 08:22 AM
    I don't see contracts ending anytime soon. I think that we may see more phone financing options, but Verizon and AT&T won't be dropping the contracts or credit checks anytime soon. Maybe in 2-3 years, and only if regulatory changes require them to make the change. If you don't want the contract or credit check, T-Mobile and their crappy service is available for you.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    04-13-2013 09:33 AM
    If you don't want the contract or credit check, T-Mobile and their crappy service is available for you.
    They are rolling out Band 4 LTE even as we speak, but yeah, where I live it is not an option.
    04-13-2013 09:42 AM
    Maybe in 2-3 years, and only if regulatory changes require them to make the change.
    I hope we do get some regulatory changes especially once we get VoLTE. If they are not going to subsidize our phones and move to GSM-based VoLTE, I don't see any justification for SIM locking phones but we will need governmental action to get them to stop doing it.
    04-13-2013 09:44 AM
    I don't see contracts ending anytime soon. I think that we may see more phone financing options, but Verizon and AT&T won't be dropping the contracts or credit checks anytime soon. Maybe in 2-3 years, and only if regulatory changes require them to make the change. If you don't want the contract or credit check, T-Mobile and their crappy service is available for you.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    If you do the $20/month financing with tmobile they still do a credit check. If you pay the full price of the phone upfront, then they don't.
    04-13-2013 09:56 AM