I have family share plan 1400/min & unl data, upgrades are ready now, contract is up in Dec.

We both want iPhones. To keep unl data and also getting the iPhones at the upgrade price what exactly do I need to do? I read through this but I'm confused lol.

I have an old droid incredible phone, cant I just open up an an extra line and use that phone as the dummy phone? Then I pay $13/month to keep that line allowing me to upgrade my two phones ans keeping my current plan? Im I understanding this correctly?

Edit: One of my family members Said they could use the dummy phone. Would he be sharing our 1400/minutes & unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by drpepsi; 11-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    11-27-2013 06:06 PM
    I just bought my iphone 5s outright to keep my unlimited data. The bonus is no contract and no additional lines. I figure i can buy the iphone 6 outright and sell the 5s.
    12-12-2013 10:55 PM
    I have family share plan 1400/min & unl data, upgrades are ready now, contract is up in Dec.

We both want iPhones. To keep unl data and also getting the iPhones at the upgrade price what exactly do I need to do? I read through this but I'm confused lol.

I have an old droid incredible phone, cant I just open up an an extra line and use that phone as the dummy phone? Then I pay $13/month to keep that line allowing me to upgrade my two phones ans keeping my current plan? Im I understanding this correctly?

Edit: One of my family members Said they could use the dummy phone. Would he be sharing our 1400/minutes & unlimited data.
    Yes, that is exactly what you do. The new line would be sharing your 1400 minutes and if you have unlimited texts, sharing those, too. But it would not share your data. It would be pay as you go data or you could block data on the dumbphone line so that the dumbphone could not use data at all.

1. Add a line - the line will come with a subsidized phone;
    2. Pick the 2GB data plan and an iPhone;
    3. Activate the new iPhone on the new line;
    4. Activate a dumbphone on the new line and drop the data plan (this may happen automatically or you may have to call to get the data plan removed);
    5. Activate the new iPhone on one of your unlimited data lines by using the SIM card that came with the iPhone or by getting a new SIM card for it;
    6. Transfer one of the unlimited data line's upgrades to the dumbphone line and repeat steps 2-5.

You will now have 2 unlimited data lines with new iPhones on them, 1 dumbphone line and you will still have an unused upgrade on one of the unlimited data lines. You can transfer that unused upgrade to the dumbphone line and get another iPhone to sell to recoup the cost of the dumbphone line or you can save that unused upgrade to get yourself an iPhone 6 next fall.
    12-13-2013 12:30 AM
53 123