Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

steelerserb

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I go to Vzw today to pick up two iPhones for upgrades on two of my lines. Vzw says, no can do because the phones don't upgrade until next month. Next Month!! They said they will do any other phones in their lineup but not Apple because Apple corporate won't allow it. That's restricing trade! I just went onto Apples website and cannot find anything that says Apple won't allow you to upgrade. It does say, talk to your carrier. What do you think? BS? Has anyone had experience with this and was successful?

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
They are probably putting you on the back burner to keep the stock for customers with current upgrades. They know you'll be back next month.

Just a guess.

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand. The phones aren't due for an upgrade until next month. What's the beef?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I go to Vzw today to pick up two iPhones for upgrades on two of my lines. Vzw says, no can do because the phones don't upgrade until next month. Next Month!! They said they will do any other phones in their lineup but not Apple because Apple corporate won't allow it. That's restricing trade! I just went onto Apples website and cannot find anything that says Apple won't allow you to upgrade. It does say, talk to your carrier. What do you think? BS? Has anyone had experience with this and was successful?

Your contract end date is what it is... they already allow upgrades within 3 months of the contract end date - which they don't have to... yet people kvetch because the 3 months can't be 4? I don't get that entitlement mentality... you can always upgrade any time you want by paying full retail for the phone... oh, wait - you don't have to do that because you're entitled to upgrade when you want to, on your terms... smh...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sprint was the same way. I was a month and a few days away from my upgrade and they wouldn't let me upgrade to get away from my 9th or so bad Curve. They told me to wait. I told them to lump it.

anon(94115)

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow that is pretty crappy. I had VZW move my dates up on other phones without issue. I guess that is part of the price you gotta pay with Apple. One month isnt bad though.

Did you call 611 to see if they would move your date in the system?

MERCDROID

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can always threaten to leave. I've never done it, but I've heard that it works wonders for some people. Just don't try to do it more than once. Then they'll actually call your bluff lol

steelerserb

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I wouldn't be complaining that much but, a couple months back (when I upgraded another phone to an iphone) Vzw told me to use the upgrade of one of the phones that I am trying to upgrade now, for the upgrade of the other phone at that time. Now, I'm basically 10 days out and they won't play nice. The CSA that I spoke with said, "I will upgrade any other phone we have right now, but not Apple because, in the contract we have with Apple, we are prohibited to do early upgrades". She said she would even do a Galaxy. Well I did some research. There is no such contract between Vzw and Apple restricting early upgrades. I spoke with Apple today, they said they do not restrict sales on iPhones with Vzw, its up to the carrier to decide. So as I see things, don't tell me you will upgrade ANY phone but not Apple because of a nonexisting contract. Don't have me use another phone's upgrade and then say no when I want to go 10 days early. Here's the thing that I'm most annoyed at, I've been with Verizon since it was Bell Atlantic. Sorry for ranting...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I wouldn't be complaining that much but, a couple months back (when I upgraded another phone to an iphone) Vzw told me to use the upgrade of one of the phones that I am trying to upgrade now, for the upgrade of the other phone at that time. Now, I'm basically 10 days out and they won't play nice. The CSA that I spoke with said, "I will upgrade any other phone we have right now, but not Apple because, in the contract we have with Apple, we are prohibited to do early upgrades". She said she would even do a Galaxy. Well I did some research. There is no such contract between Vzw and Apple restricting early upgrades. I spoke with Apple today, they said they do not restrict sales on iPhones with Vzw, its up to the carrier to decide. So as I see things, don't tell me you will upgrade ANY phone but not Apple because of a nonexisting contract. Don't have me use another phone's upgrade and then say no when I want to go 10 days early. Here's the thing that I'm most annoyed at, I've been with Verizon since it was Bell Atlantic. Sorry for ranting...

You have every right to be ticked, my friend. By the way, did you talk to someone from Verizon's retention department or their equivalent?

Breid85

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been following this thread for the longest and I've heard the same at stores about a contract with apple. My upgrade is next Friday but I just found out from the misses that I can get mine a week earlier, so this Friday I'm supposed to get one, but will keep u guys updated.......

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't be an ass on the phone, but be logical with them and work your way up the manager pole till you get what you want.
I did this and got my bill cut in half after it took them 14 days to activate a phone.
We pay them way too much every month to get poor customer service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR