Is your Verizon iPhone 5 displaying the incorrect date and time?

bluedraggy

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Sprint iPhone5 user here in North Atlanta. Time shifts 20 minutes regularly here. Problem is not just with Sprint. Disabling LTE mode to prevent until a fix is found.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Started having the problem last night. Verizon iPhone 5,16GB. I called Verizon and was told that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. The woman seemed to know all the problem and told me there was no fix at this time as far as phone settings.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My coworker randomly gets this problem and he's on Verizon. It seems to be related to him connecting to a specific tower, but he hasn't been able to nail it down to a specific location/area yet as he only notices the problem when he fails at sending an iMessage.

whyihateit

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. All the time. I notice it most when turning on my phone and it saying LTE then acquiring the WiFi. At least 3 days and three hours at times.
:-(
Too bad VZW were so fast in launching the 5 when they weren't ready for it.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes. All the time. I notice it most when turning on my phone and it saying LTE then acquiring the WiFi. At least 3 days and three hours at times.
:-(
Too bad VZW were so fast in launching the 5 when they weren't ready for it.

It has nothing to do with the 5. It has everything to do with network expansion. Towers that are being worked on frequently send the incorrect date or time.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My date actually get changed to 30 days prior as well as the time gets set a few hours back. Just set the date and time manually till there is a fix.

Beamed from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

stalterian

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It happens after I work out at the Y. My phone gets no Verizon signal in the building. When I leave and it reconnects to Verizon, the time is wrong. It doesn't automatically reset. Luckily I set my alarm this morning for 1hr earlier than usual. The phone is 20min behind.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the 5. It has everything to do with network expansion. Towers that are being worked on frequently send the incorrect date or time.

Really? How so? I have never had an incorrect time and in have had LTE since they turned it on here, and I have been through several expansions of LTE coverage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Really? How so? I have never had an incorrect time and in have had LTE since they turned it on here, and I have been through several expansions of LTE coverage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It has something to do with what they do when they upgrade the equipment.

Chris B 1364

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My Wife and I have seen in the last few days that it's getting better.... It goes several days now with out it happening.... Hope they get it fixed soon....

Also I have read a bunch of info on this and I think it's a 4g issue with the iPhone 5

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Have traveled so far with my iPhone 5 (Verizon) from Ohio to / through WV, VA, NC, PA and never had an issue with the date or time. I do use the 24 Hour format but I would be surprised if that made a difference.

kreestole

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!! I'm having issues here, Verizon iPhone 5. Twice my 6:30am alarm has gone off at 6:30pm and the other day I got a missed call at 1:10am (It was 12:30 pm at the time) and then another from the same caller at the right time, a couple minutes later. Any word on a fix yet?

iphone5mishap

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16GB Iphone 5 and the time (more than an hour behind) has been changing every day since oct.22, i went to Apple store and they said it was a software issue and i kept telling them it was an internal or antennae problem and that they needed to replace it but they couldn't because at the time my time display was correct.

Well guess what i updated the software to 6.0.1 and the time changed again not even 12 hours after i updated it and i have evidence of time change before and after update.

The update didn't cater towards date and time issue but i still want my phone replaced, if i could i would have exchanged this phone for an andriod by now, apple is going down hill now.

I think its definitely iphone 5 issue, my dad has the same iphone and his works perfectly which I'm jealous about.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16GB Iphone 5 and the time (more than an hour behind) has been changing every day since oct.22, i went to Apple store and they said it was a software issue and i kept telling them it was an internal or antennae problem and that they needed to replace it but they couldn't because at the time my time display was correct.

Well guess what i updated the software to 6.0.1 and the time changed again not even 12 hours after i updated it and i have evidence of time change before and after update.

The update didn't cater towards date and time issue but i still want my phone replaced, if i could i would have exchanged this phone for an andriod by now, apple is going down hill now.

I think its definitely iphone 5 issue, my dad has the same iphone and his works perfectly which I'm jealous about.

It is not your phone. The phone gets its time from the network so that is where the issue lies.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The time on mine was screwed up almost daily before 6.01, but since then it has been accurate (Verizon 13.3). I do have auto time zone setting to off, but I doubt that makes a difference.